1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Zone in KY in 2007?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by One Eyed Left Handed, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

I keep hearing from local shooters that one of the Southern Zone sites in 2007 will be the Central Ky site where the state shoot is held.

Everything I see in print does not include Kentucky's Central as one of the telephonic sites. How about it from those in the know or an update from
    pipe layer?

I sure hope it's at Central. That's a one hour drive for me instead of 8 to 14 hours one way to the other sites.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this!

Eddie

2. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Berea Ky?

Would be my guess - home of the state shoot!!

38-01615

3. WATER TANK

WATER TANK TS Member

yes central ky at berea is one of the 5 sites for the zone for sure
    i have been ask to work it is how i know

4. One Eyed Left Handed

Thanks Water Tank,

I hope you are right. The past several years, the Southern Zone has been at three sites. Two telephonic and a host site. Five locations in the nine state Southern Zone could do nothing but help attendance and targets thrown.

Anybody else know all locations?

5. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

This would be great, 3 miles from my house. This is the first I have heard of this though. Nubs Wagner.

6. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Corinth - Berea - Spartanburg - Winchester - Odessa

38-01615

7. One Eyed Left Handed

Thanks nomderf,

For anyone interested, the dates are July 19-22 in MS (Corinth), KY (Berea), SC (Spartanburg), VA (Winchester), and FLA (Odessa). My thanks to the ATA and any that had a hand in expanding the Southern Zone to five sites in the nine state zone instead of the three locations we've had in the last several years.

Terry Dean (KY ATA Delegate), thanks for all your hard work and the extra effort that you and many others will expend to host the zone site at central!

Eddie Quire

8. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Very good news, now if my aches and pains go away..................I am out of shooting right now, but hope to be back in by then. I was planning to go shoot Jaquas that weekend, but now don't have to. Kudus to everyone involved. Nubs Wagner

9. One Eyed Left Handed

Hey Vendors,

Let's list some of who's coming to Central Kentucky for the Zone! I know Rod's Custom stocks will be there and Vernon and Gwen Thomas making custom ear plugs and Glasses, etc. Probably will have the Witt's with their clothing, hats and accessories.

Who else is coming (Plus Gamiel)?

Eddie Quire

10. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Will this be the pattern for all Southern Zone shoots from now on? If so, great. It sure would boost total attendance, save gas and time for many shooters. Nubs Wagner.

11. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Nubs, The Southern Zone has been a telephonic shoot for the last 3 or 4 years. This is the second time Central has been a host club. So I would say that the Southern Zone will continue to be a telephonic shoot. Hoosier

12. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

The zone shoot is decided at the Grand every year by the Southern Zone Delegates. It is based on who is the primary site for that year.This year it is Virgina.We decided to try 5 sites as a trail.
    Next year Tenn. is the primary site and with this being so close , Kentucky will not be a site but it will not be a bad drive for Ky. shooters. Tenn. shooters support us and we need to support them.
    Hope to see you all at Kentucky this year and hope you all shoot well,

Terry Dean

13. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Hey John, No room for a pool table since I moved to KY. Otherwise, we could. I will plan a cook out one night if you are coming up for the shoot.
    Yeah, I could walk, but I can drive there in 5 minutes.
    The insurance company made us remove the pool to get coverage, ( the truth ).
    Nubs.

14. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

John, I don't ride horses and Joan does not shoot trap. It works out very well. She buys saddles and I buy guns. I keep telling her that having horses is like a big black hole in the pasture. Just go out and throw money in it every day. She says sort of reminds her of shooting. Not even close.
    We may do the cook out the last Fri or Sat of the state shoot. See you there. Nubs.

15. CIM

CIM TS Member

Alot of Ky shooters have never shot in Nashvilleit most of the time takes a perfect score in all events.We invite you to also attend the 2007 State Shoot in Nashville.The dates are June 6th-10th.We have 51 camping spots also.I would make your reservations early.

CIM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.