1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Zone at Corinth, Miss.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slickhead, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Who shot the Zone Shoot at Corinth? How many ATA trophies were won there?

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Slickhead,

I wasn't there, I shot @ the Kentucky Site. I haven't talked to anyone that went to Corinth.

Matt

3. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Slickhead,

I don't believe any Zone trophies were awarded at Corinth - let's just say the birds won!

We only had one 100 on Saturday's Singles Championship...not much to say. I'll follow Mr. Woodson next time.

TNCoach

4. MOP

MOP Active Member

Why such low scores?

5. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

MOP,

It was a combination of a north wind and equipment, but it wasn't because of lack of talent!

Everyone waited around for 3 hours the first day until the rain and lightning let up enough to shoot and it set the tone for the whole shoot.

All scores were low; 1-197 won site singles champ, 2-196s shot for ru, and a junior took site with a 195...most scores were in the cellar. It would have been nice to see that coming would have went to Ky.

TNCoach

6. THALL

THALL Member

I shot all four days. Regretfully, I shot some of my worst scores. I still do not understand how I could shoot an 89 Saturday morning in singles & then back it up with a 99 that afternoon. But that is my problem to correct. I believe there were some target issues, but I believe that Mr. Larry Rickman will handle that for all future shoots. I have shot in much more adverse weather conditions that what I encountered there & the weather on Saturday & Sunday was great for the South in July (a high around 80 degrees & very low humidity).

It was my first visit to Corinth & I will go back. Very nice facility, nice background, nice camping areas & a very well run shoot.

Tim Hall (from Alabama)

7. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Was it not a Zone trophy won there? P.S. I shot Fri. and Sat. but not Sunday. I thought it was a Sporting Clays Shoot!!! Targets were much to be desired!

8. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Tim,

Don't be too hard on yourself, but you focused more and changed your timing to get that 99.

I agree with slickhead "Targets were much to be desired!"

If you didn't bust the bird right out of the house, you watched it sail away!

TNCoach

9. bigking

bigking Member

I shot Saturday and I agree targets were set to strong and to high.Hope he gets it worked out.A nice place to shoot to have sorry targets!!!!

10. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Hello everyone. Corinth is our regular gun club and we also shot some pretty bad scores. 84 for myself on first 100 and then a 92 on the last hundred on singles championship Saturday. My husband didn't do much better himself. Mr. Larry Rickman (who is a stand up guy) checked the speed of the targets with a radar gun and used a stake on Saturday checking the heighth. Speed was ATA legal and the heighth was fine. The biggest problem with the targets this past weeked was WIND, WIND, and more WIND. Corinth Gun Club is a great place to shoot with a great facility and usually some of the best targets you could ask for.

Stacey

11. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Southern Zone Shoot Report has been posted at the website above.

FRedmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.