1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Wisconsin Activities - SHOOTING RELATED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nov 11, 2010
    About 40 miles west of Chicago, IL
    We're embarking on our October trek (starting near Chicago) to the southern part of Wisconsin, not going too much farther north than Madison. The original plan is to stop at a couple of clubs to shoot a few rounds of trap. Sauk Prairie and Darien, for example. Sadly, the weather looks to be taking a dive on Saturday. If our shooting plans are blocked, how about some suggestions for things we could do that remains in the general shotgun shooting realm?

Of course, "mi esposa" says that there's always shopping - but I need to know if that activity can be combined with something that interests me. After all, we're heading out to DO shooting - and I would like to stay with that theme.

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Jan 29, 1998

Not sure if you're into handguns or have any but I have linked a Groupon deal above for you that is a good buy for time at the Gander Mountain indoor shooting range. That would also offer you the chance to shop. It's just north of Madison right off HWY 51.

Friday looks to be dry for outdoor activities as does Sunday. Saturday looks like a total washout. I now for a fact that Sauk Prairie is open all three days for shooting.

Hope this helps,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.