1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Southern SxS Exhibition this weekend

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fast Oil, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

The 13 th Annual Southern SxS will be this weekend, Sanford NC, April 27 - 28 - 29. We have 26K square feet of vendor space this year. Come see a southern tradition. This is the large tent, one of four.
    cykick_2008_030332.jpg
  2. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I would go but I know I would buy something I don't need and can't afford.

bluedsteel
  3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

You would never hear that excuse coming from a woman!!!!
  4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Whew! It's over. I'll try to post some pictures later.
  6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Active Member

I wanted to go BADLY. Sometimes this work thing is a bother!
  7. RWS52

RWS52 TS Member

Did anyone get a Fox shotgun banner they'd be willing to sell? Bill, I saw that you have one coming, just wondering if there's a way to get one since the manufacture is unwilling to ship them.

Mark Peifer
  8. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Member

It was very enjoyable. I was selling guns in the CSMC Shotgun rig, so I didn't even get to see the shooting, let alone participate. Had a ball, though and met a lot of nice folks. Also had just enough spare time to get myself my first pair of Russell boots.... Mike
  9. eightbore

eightbore Active Member

Maybe someone would post pictures of the "CSMC Rig". Once I got in there, my checkbook fell out of my pocket into an open position. RWS52, ask on the Fox website about the banners. You may live near a BOD member who has some.
  10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Active Member

There isn't much to take a picture of. It was a big trailer with stairs. In front was a large tent with tables. Their guns were all along the tables and on a few other racks. Most of the guns were in the trailer.
    What struck me was that their guns were very much like some of the obscenely
    expensive guns that were 50+ years old, except their's were brand new. It
    was like a time machine.
    I was going to buy a $155,000 Holland and Holland, but decided to just keep
    my Remington 1100 instead.
  11. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Member

Yes, Dickgtax is accurate in his description. It is a semi-tractor/trailer rig. The inside of the trailer is a gun room with walnut paneling and gun racks all around the inside. The outside has a giant awning/tent with tables full of cased guns and other goodies. They were giving out free beer and cohiba Havana cigars to those who either bought (or had previously bought) CSMC shotguns. There were sofas and chairs. A good looking German Shorthair (dog, not girl) was lounging on the carpet (yes, carpet on the ground under the canopy). It was just nice....

The tractor/trailer is the former Saleen Mustang Race Team rig. This particular rig was the hospitality trailer which would have been set up at tracks for the coctail parties for the biggity-big corporate sponsors. Tony Galazan saw it for sale and had a vision..... He was right; it is a great traveling gun room. It was fun selling guns there.

Mike
  12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I am sorry that I am not familiar with this event. Is this like the Vintagers shoot on the Maryland Eastern shore in the Fall?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.