1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Promotions Inc. Fall Classic/ Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ron S/IL, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

Hello to all the shooters!

Southern Promotions Inc. Is proud to offer another event at the wonderful WSRC.
    The dates of the shoot are as follows

Registration Sept 20Th,

Friday 21st 100 singles, 100 Handicap, 100 Doubles.

Sat 22nd 200 singles, 100 handicap.

Sunday,23rd 100 doubles, 100 Handicap.

We want this to be a fun shoot! We welcome all shooters and appreciate the many people that have helped us as we learn the ropes.
    On Saturday evening we are going to have a large party at the event center for the shooters. It will feature free draft beer, compliments of Budweiser and a band, some wings from 17th Street Bar and Grill. We will also have a least 50 items that will be drawn for and some other free giveaways to make the evening fun.
    I hope to see some of the friends that we have made and to make some new friends as this event goes on.
    Your help in pre-squading is a great assistance in knowing how to prepare for this event.
    Sincerely,

Ron Stork

President Southern Promotions Inc.

2. Don S

Don S Member

The Illinois State Trapshooting website says it is a 4 day shoot Trap & Field says it is a 4 day shoot. There is nothing on the WSRC website about a scheduled trapshoot. The ATA website has nothing about a scheduled shoot.

If there is a shoot, can we use our leased campsites?

3. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

Hi From Ron.

The shoot days and information that I posted are correct. Sorry for any confusion.

We at Southern Promotions are working on a web site and it should be operational soon, but not before this shoot. We agree that this is one of the best ways for communication!

Saturday Night will be a fun event just for sponsors and shooters. Free Beer free wings, and drawings for lots of free stuff.

Pre-squadding is appreciated! Visit www.rjstuart.com for information.

All comments are welcome and appreciated. E-mails are welcome.

I hope to see you soon, Ron

4. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

Another note.

We would like to have you presquad if possible. We understand that some shooters don't like to presquad and we respect that. If you would e-mail us and let us know that you are coming and the number of shooters, it would help in planning events.

All help with this matter is appreciated.

Ron

5. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

The lease on the long term campsites are being honored by the DNR. Please contact Steve, per your lease, to let him know if you are coming. Call 618-295-2700, press#8 then extension 466 or email to steve at steve.anderson@illinois.gov

Thanks, Ron

6. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

gosh, I think we need to re arrange our schedule! ugh.....

Ron,

is Tracy no longer in charge of the camping at Sparta? I don't know Steve.....

Lorna Hull

7. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

Lorna,
    When we made arrangements for the camping we asked for the camping information. We were told to send everyone to Steve. he is a good guy. I think that Tracy will be here for the event, but I am not sure. I think there is a move to get more local control and contact for the WSRC. Steve is here full time. I think this is good for the local employees to have the day to day responsibilities. This is taking nothing from Tracy, whom I feel does a great job!

8. Don S

Don S Member

9. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Ron,

I e-mailed Steve last week about our camping spot and still have not recieved a response. Is he really in charge?

Thanks!

John Voliva
    ATA 8204800

10. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

John,

I will check with Steve and let you know. E-mail me your phone # and I will call or e-mail you direct.

Thanks Ron

11. olabell

olabell TS Member

How can we get a program?
    B.J.Wilson

12. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

B.J.Wilson

RJ Stuart has been kind enough to post on his site for us. Price on 200 singles on Sat morning is incorrect. It is $50.00 plus fees,(IDNR $3.00 + $1.00 ITA and $2.00 per day ATA fee)

Site address if the link don't work. www.rjstuart.com

It looks like it is going to be great weather to shoot!

Thanks,

Ron

13. mcv

mcv Member

Is anybody else having problems downloading the program? It takes forever, locks up internet explorer for a while, then the only page that appears is the first page. Should be 20 pages total. Page 2 through 20 is blank. Where is the rest of it??

14. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

bystander.

I gave it a little time and it was all there and I printed it out.

15. dennis b

dennis b Member

Looking forward to this weekend. I read the program but could not find where entry and classification were being done and which traps were being used. Thanks. Dennis B

16. whatta_attitude

whatta_attitude TS Member

Entry and classification will be helt in the Vendor Mall as we did one of the other shoots.
    We will open Thursday at 11 am til 5 pm for registration.

We will be useing Banks 1-5.

This is shapeing up to be a really fun shoot so grab your shooting buddy and head to Sparta.

There prize giveaways are going to be awesome for this shoot.

If you already have a leased spot it will be honored.

Looking forward to seeing each of you!!!

Sandie

17. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Sandie....Just thought I would say hi. I really miss the instant messaging you guys had for those few shoots.....when we all watched the scores come in together.....any chance that will happen again? thanks.

Lorna

18. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Sandie,

Drop me an e-mail when you see this!

Thanks!

John

19. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Ron,

I downloaded the program but failed to see any listings for trophies. Do you have a trophy list yet?

Thanks!

John

20. grammie

grammie TS Member

Ron Stork:

If you want these shoots to be a big success--(I assume you do) then you must offer more "handicap" events to attract shooters other than local and state!!!

Why don't you think about this-------Next year at about this same time,,,,offer 8 or 10 handicap events,,One "championship" singles event,,and one event of doubles,,,You could call it the U.S. Open Handicap Championship!!! or the "Southern Illiniois Rendevous".....

It is these type events that will draw shooters from far and wide,,,,You have the banks,,the traps to offer more than 300 targets per day too!!!! You need to throw an extra 100 targets per day,,,and make it a "shotgun start" handicap event for money---this would be the last event of the day!!!

A shoot with a format like this,,,,would become a "pilgrimage" for serious shooters.......Just a thought!!!

AKA Grammie..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.