1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Oregon adj. comb maker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by neofight, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

Recently bought my long-necked wife(looks great on the runway)a BT99 Micro and from the look of things, me thinks she needs an adj. comb and a raised rib on that critter. We don't have a local furniture craftsman here in Brookings, so i'm looking for someone in this part of the state to get her fixed up.

Thanks in advance for your aaaa sis tance. John Bloom

2. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

For the adjustable comb, send it to Tron. You will not be sorry.

www.tronspace.com

As far as a raised rib, try it with just the adj comb first. I thought I would need the ad on rib to but it works just fine.

3. Ljutic 4 Ice

Ljutic 4 Ice TS Member

John for my money I used Tron(Joe)Tronspace.com Excellent work, price and turn around even w/shipping.

If you have to use an Oregon smith, then I posted Stocker John's website above. Thanks DAI

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto L4ice......Bob Dodd

5. neofight

neofight TS Member

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Appreciate it.I was hoping to find someone fairly close by where i could get this gun fitted to her properly. She's having a heck of a time breaking targets and with my own lack of experience, i am of little help in understanding what's going on with the mechanics.
    It looks to me like she's straining a bit to get her cheek down, but she tells me she's lining the beads up well. She has the adj Gracoil pad and it's been lowered to the max in order to bring the stock up. I have watched her shoot and while she seems to have a good comfy stance, she tells me the gun feels comfortable, she tries to swing into the targets, keeps her cheek down, those targets just keep flying and laughing at her all the way.

We're going to the club tomorrow and grab an instructor in hopes of getting a handle on this. I am glad she's not a quitter.

6. neofight

neofight TS Member

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Appreciate it.I was hoping to find someone fairly close by where i could get this gun fitted to her properly. She's having a heck of a time breaking targets and with my own lack of experience, i am of little help in understanding what's going on with the mechanics.
    It looks to me like she's straining a bit to get her cheek down, but she tells me she's lining the beads up well. She has the adj Gracoil pad and it's been lowered to the max in order to bring the stock up. I have watched her shoot and while she seems to have a good comfy stance, she tells me the gun feels comfortable, she tries to swing into the targets, keeps her cheek down, those targets just keep flying and laughing at her all the way.

We're going to the club tomorrow and grab an instructor in hopes of getting a handle on this. I am glad she's not a quitter.

7. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Shooting at a pattern board can provide answers a trap field cannot. Twirling screws in the dark ......? maybe not

JMO of course

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.