1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOUTHERN GRAND - Singles Co-Champs!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ontariogal, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Waiting on an Official Ruling from the ATA, but after crushing 249/250 targets in overtime, Canadian Paul Shaw and American Leo Harrison III called it a draw last night.

Good job men!

b.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

249? Did they run out of shells or targets?

ec90t

3. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Come on now. I saw two people at a small club shoot off for 300 targets and they are calling it a draw after 249? Its the southern grand. Come on now at least give the people something to watch.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Not again!!!

Curt

5. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

Yes, it's official...CO Champs... Plus, Leo broke them all in todays caps. That gives him 399/400 in the all around...Not too shaby...lol

6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Great job Leo!!!!!!I wish I had that kind of shooting...at least I can go back to Indiana su burned.

7. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

With today's costs, maybe the shoot-off should reach a limit.
    After shooting all day, Shoot-off through the night, know one is getting younger, tomorrow is another day.
    What is correct.
    Both shooters have nothing to prove to the world, just themselves.
    Neither need another trophy.
    List the accomplishments.

Joe Woods/Ontario

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Maybe Leo could just mail his in? :) Hap

9. overbored

overbored Member

Why not just put it in the 4 or 5 hole and get it over with?????????

Overbored

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Orange domed targets under the lights made for a difficult shootoff. Probably not real fair for all the contestants. Of course, I was rootin' for that little lady from MO. I know I wouldn't have lasted very long!!

11. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Anyone left at the end of the day in that group of 200's is worth rooting for.
    All the Best.

Joe Woods/Ontario

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Shoot doubles from the 27 yard line, miss and out. Very short shootoffs. HMB

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

If I was King......

Curt

14. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Do they both get the All America points or do they share them??

Ed Yanchok

15. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Just for the record, after 200 the trap was reset for 3-hole targets. They were orange dome under the lights. There is a community ordinance that restricts the hours of shooting. They had to quit about 10:30 p.m. to keep the neighbors happy. Paul was squadded on an early handicap the next morning so he could start driving back to Canada. Nothing wrong with Co-Champs, they each deserved the honor.

16. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I think that the ATA should make all singles shootoffs be settled using 5-hole targets.

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

trapwife- You clearly stated the facts and I fully agree with your conclusions.

To Others- An easy way to make shorter shoot offs is to make sure I am in the shoot off.

Pat Ireland

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Skeet had to go to doubles from 3-4- and 5 to settle perfect scores? Not a part of the program targets shot during the event either. What a concept they came up with on that method of deciding a winner!!

Congratulations to all those shooting perfect scores in all the events at the SG!! Leo has proved his abilities with a shotgun time after time, long before 2 hole targets became the norm and would do so again with tougher target settings!

Hap

19. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

I move for Sudden Death Shoot Offs. You miss and you're out. Whether it's the first or the 202 target. No need for the other shooter(s) to get a responding hit. One miss and you walk off. The last shooter without a miss wins. Either Sudden Death or flip for it.

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

I have enjoyed watching the few shoot-offs I have seen. It is more fun to be in them but my longest was only 100 birds for a HC trophy.

I have not shot enough to judge if there is something wrong with the sport if you need to run over 500 birds to decide a winner. Like most shooters, I am still looking for my first 100 registered. So it is plenty challenging for me.

If the top guns are not bitching about it, then we - the great unwashed - have no horse in the race, and our opinions are relatively meaningless.

Congratulations to both men.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.