1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern Grand Attendance.......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunfun, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I was curious, does anyone know if the Southern Grand attendance was up or down?? I didn't see the numbers. I believe the Spring was almost the same as last year....wondering how the economy effected a shoot in the east vs the west. ??

Lorna

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Lorna, when talking to my friends The Weavers, who are there, Gwyn's observation was that the shoot was very well attended, but few were playing the options, consequently the purse, and lewis money was way down, especially in the preliminaries.

Maybe they're starting to wise up .....grin all the best .....mike

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I don't think it is official but I heard one of the regular workers say he believed they threw 30% more targets than last year up to Saturday. JRM

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Attendance was up 25% for the Florida Chain preceding the Southern Grand. The number of shooters classified for the Southern Grand was up. We were down 9% on Monday and Tuesday but up quite a bit for the rest of the shoot. I did not see any final figures, but an increase of 20-30% seems about right.

In 2008, we had a few cool days during the Southern Grand. This year, the temperature stayed between 80 and 84 degrees and the Sun was bright most of the time. This difference could be more important than any economic factors that may exist.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.