1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOUTHERN GRAND AT DOLLAR

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolar1, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

BEING THAT IT IS DAY ONE,THE SHOOT HAS SOME MINOR PROBLEMS,ON THE GOLF SIDE ,THE SUPERVISORS OF THE TRAP HELP ,LETTING TRAPS RUN OUT OF BIRDS IN THE MIDDLE OF SUB-EVENTS,STOPPING THE SHOOT TO LOAD THE HOUSES.SOME SPEAKERS NOT WORKING,HAD TO BE CHANGED OUT.
    THERE WERE 310SQUADS FOR 16'S-300 FOR CAPS. ENTRY FEE IS $28.00. NAME BRAND AMMO $68.00. CAP WINNER WAS COLIN BIGRAS WITH 99.SINGLES IN CARRY OVER FOR TUES. HOPEFULLY THE GLITCHES WILL STOP FOR REMAINDER OF S-GRAND.

2. hairy

hairy TS Member

300 Squads?? I doubt that.

Mr Stuart already has results on his website.

I see that young Nathan Hofer from South Dakota won Sub-junior doubles today with a 99. Way to go Nathan.

3. NintyT

NintyT Member

Sounds like 300 shooters

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

We got a report that traps were running out of targets during the doubles today. This also happened at the Dixie in January.

We start shooting Thursday and we are going to ask if the traps are loaded prior to shooting.

FRedmon

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

To hear this (running out of targets) is amazing. I shot at the Dollar for the first time Thurs. and Fri (3-6 & 7) and the "ground crew" did a great job. They were checking the traps on a regular basis and raking up the hulls too. I didn't get to the golf side like I wanted (to check it out) but the other side (lake side?) was run efficiently. Other than it took a bit of time to get payout info posted on the board I can't say anything negative about my first Dollar experience.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

7. garyl44

garyl44 TS Member

up Thanks RJ

8. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

This was my first shoot at the Dollar. I only shot Monday then had to cancel Tuesday and Wednesday because of travel commitments.
    They did run out of targets on the golf side, not a big deal though, could have used another toilet down around field 11. Nothing but good things on the trap side, programs were run very smoothly. Had some nice vendors there, food was good, very nice people to work with. First time I've shot 10 per station, I sort of liked that. I'll shoot there again.

9. hairy

hairy TS Member

Ricky Marshall won todays handicap with a 99. After a 99 yesterday...I think he needs a punch.

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

A punch wouldn't help, Rick could play cards all night, golf all morning and then go out an win the handicap from the 28 yard line. The guy can just shoot. He also followed up todays 99 in the caps with a 100 in the doubles!

11. champ of champs

champ of champs TS Member

Hairy,

Thanks for watching my Nathan! I wish I was there, he is with his Grandpa. Where are you from?

Melissa - Nathan's mom

12. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Some big scores being shot down there must be nice weather. I've been looking the C are shooting 100's and the d's 99. Good shooting guys. I think I'll skip the Dixie next year and go to the Southern looks like a much bigger shoot.

Martin

13. rwm12

rwm12 Member

Chas Siler from Southern Illinois is another young shooter to watch. Congradulations on your shooting accomplishments.

14. hairy

hairy TS Member

Hi Melissa. Nathan has really been hitting the doubles in Florida. I believe he has had 99-99-97-95...Winning sub junior doubles every event. I sent you an email.

15. Iowa Smoker

Iowa Smoker TS Member

Ricky can't play cards any better than he golfs---poorly---He can shoot --not sure where he got that talent but he can shoot--- for all you negative folks out there I know Ricky very well and this is an attempt at humor--Thanks

16. Iowa Smoker

Iowa Smoker TS Member

Ricky can't play cards any better than he golfs---poorly---He can shoot --not sure where he got that talent but he can shoot--- for all you negative folks out there I know Ricky very well and this is an attempt at humor--Thanks

17. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

Dang Ricky!!!! I know I told you to go make me proud, but I didn't say to not take any prisoners!!! Give some of those Southern boys a chance or they won't ask you to come back.

18. hairy

hairy TS Member

When Mr Stuart does a shoot, you get the results fast.

19. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

One heck of a round for Phi Kiner. 100 straight at Handicap! How many times has he done that? Congratulations Phil. With you back working full-time it just shows how talented you are. Steve

20. hairy

hairy TS Member

Young Nathan looks like Sub Junior singles champ with a 199 today. Good job champ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.