1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southern grand 16 yard shoot off Saturday night

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

It was a beautiful night for a shoot off the free dinner was in full swing we got out the lawn chairs for the evenings show. I was ready for the show Big Leo DT 10, Ray Stafford Perazzi TMX9,David Shaeffer Steitz,Phil Keiner Kreighoff, Bill Dayton Kreighoff , Ricky Marshall Kreighoff,Carl Gresley Beretta 680 to name the ones I new. They started off with 2 squads of 5 and the smoke balls were in the air. The light was just changing but the big dogs just lit them up no problems at all. After several rounds I guess about 100 or so we were down to 3 shooters Leo , Bill Dayton and Carl Gresely Leo was the first to miss then several birds later Carl missed and the door was open for Bill Dayton but he let one slip on the next to last post and they were all notted up at 24 all. It was dark now and they were shooting under the lights on the main field. On the next round Bill Dayton dropped one and was out leaving Leo and Carl both shooting Berettas Leo his DT10 and Carl a 680 silver gun. Everyone was just ink balling them even at night you could see the dust clouds my friend Tom said it looks like Leo was shooting a 10 gage Carl was busting them real well centering everything but not the ink ball of the other shooters just solid centered hits. Well on the last round Leo missed one and Carl ran the trap for the win they both got a big round of applause and it was a great evening of shooting. I spoke to Carl about his gun and choke he said he was using the bottom barrel with a after market 20 thousands modified extended choke nothing fancy just great shooting. As a side note Bill Dayton should have got a award for best dressed as he always starched and pressed a GQ kind of guy. Great night doesn't get any better than watching these guys shoot with you friends giving you free advice from the peanut gallery

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Awesome!

I love to watch Coach Leo in a shoot off, and it's not to hard to find him in one! He makes the targets look like every pellet finds it's mark.

Stafford is also first class, look up his record and averages, {unblievable).

Kiner and Ricky are not human, I'm sure of that.

It's crazy how they still find them after the sun goes down, before the lights come on.

It's a great sport where you have the chance to stand with legends. If it was not for them I would not take time to try and attend big shoots. I can shoot with guys like me at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.