1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southeast Texan's Completed Career

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BFJ201, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

Southeast Texan

Last night my dad, Jack Allen of Nederland, TX, passed away in Port Arthur, TX. He enjoyed the sport of trapshooting so much. He introduced his two sons and his wife, Nancy, to the sport. He was so looking forward to recording his 25,000th singles target this fall scheduled for the MO fall handicap. Words are escaping me at this moment. He started shooting trap when he was a young man and rediscovered it later in life. Turns out Nederland sits in the middle of a trapshooting desert and he had to work to find a club to shoot registered targets at. Then he discovered the original Metro Gun Club in Pearland just south of Houston. He gave the late Mr. Danny Quirk a call to find out that they had a club within driving distance that registered birds every Sunday. This nearly floored him and needless to say he was yet again hooked, this time for life. My family and I would like to thank everybody in our trapshooting family for the years of friendship. Arrangements and obituary are posted at the above link.

Thank You,
    James, John, and Nancy Allen

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

James, my deepest sympathy on the loss of your Dad. I'll bet he's already on the line at a much nicer club.....

Ken Rucker

3. Diva

Diva TS Member

James, I am so sad to hear this. Your dad was an awesome guy! Please send a big hug to your mom for me. I'm glad that Jack was able to enjoy the state shoot and he and your mom got to do the Alaskan Cruise. What a trooper! He obviously lived life to the fullest.

God Bless,

Jerri

4. Helen

Helen TS Member

James, I am so sad to hear of the loss of your Dad. He was a wonderful person, and a joy to know. I know you all will miss him very much. Give your Mom a big hug for me. I am sure he is shooting trap at the the"Bbig Trap Club" in heaven with the many other shooters that we have lost over the past years here in Texas. I am so happy he was able to shoot the Texas State Shoot, and him and your Mom were able to enjoy many other things together. You are all in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time for all of you.

May God Bless All of You,
    Helen

5. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

James, Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Talked to your Dad at the State shoot for a little while. We will miss him. Take care of your Mom, she is probably going to need some extra love for a while.

Jimmy & Audrey Phillips

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Condolences to you and your family. God's mercies in your time of grief.

7. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

James: I'm so very sorry to hear about Jack's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I hope you will honor Jack's memory by continuing to participate in the sport he loved so much. Take care of your Mom and give her a big hug from me.

Jeri Brock (BrowningGal)

8. BillyMc

BillyMc TS Member

Cathy and I were sadden by the news of your dad. We always enjoyed our visits together and he always had a smile to share.We will miss Jack and his good nature. It was once said you could measure a man by his family and friends.Jack had a good family and a host of friends.Tell your mom our prayers will be with both you and her.BILLY and Cathy

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Condolances to the Family and friends, may the family find peace in knowing he is probably in a better place ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.