1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOUTH TEXAS SHOOTING CLUBS???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

The Mrs. and I are now considering heading to Port Aransas or the Brownsville/South Padre area for January and February. If any of you know of trap clubs in either of these areas, please let me know. The wife would be happy with the beaches in either place, but I would sure like to be able to access a place to shoot! Thanks, Martinpicker (Jack Farrow)

2. Martinpicker

The Mrs. and I are now considering heading to Port Aransas or the Brownsville/South Padre area for January and February. If any of you know of trap clubs in either of these areas, please let me know. The wife would be happy with the beaches in either place, but I would sure like to be able to access a place to shoot! Thanks, Martinpicker (Jack Farrow)

3. Martinpicker

4. Martinpicker

5. sgpt6304

sgpt6304 TS Member

In the Brownsville/ South Padre area there are two clubs that I know of. One is the Loma Alto club in Brownsville which is very rough to say the least. They have Trap and Skeet. Then there is the Mission Club in Mission , Texas about 30 miles west of Brownsville. This is a very nice club with Trap, Skeet and five stand. I would try the Mission club first.

6. sgpt6304

sgpt6304 TS Member

In the Brownsville/ South Padre area there are two clubs that I know of. One is the Loma Alto club in Brownsville which is very rough to say the least. They have Trap and Skeet. Then there is the Mission Club in Mission , Texas about 30 miles west of Brownsville. This is a very nice club with Trap, Skeet and five stand. I would try the Mission club first.

7. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I think if I was going from Brownsville to Mission I would get on Hwy 83 and it is Appromiately 75 miles, and the Contact is Steve Schultz, in Mission, Tx.

8. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I think if I was going from Brownsville to Mission I would get on Hwy 83 and it is Appromiately 75 miles, and the Contact is Steve Schultz, in Mission, Tx.

9. Martinpicker

Thank you so much. A long as there is some place to waste some shells! Thanks to both of you. Jack

10. Martinpicker

Thank you so much. A long as there is some place to waste some shells! Thanks to both of you. Jack

11. Bohemian32

Bohemian32 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Mission Skeet and Trap club, is located just off Express 83 and Conway. South about 1/4 mile. If you get to the bike trail parking lot you went too far. The club driveway is just to the north edge of the bike lot.
    The old guys usually shoot around noon on Sundays and Wednesday. It lasts till everyone is tired and all go home by usually two or so in the afternoon.
    Contact Jessica for more details and your Safety Breifing. Memberships are available for "Winter Texans" for something like $40.00 per year. Tokens are $5.00 apiece which entitles you to 25 clays. Shells are usually not available.
    Lots of old guys that are full on knowledge and willing to help you have a good time. A gentleman by the name of Pat, usually runs the days activities.
    Hope that helps and looking forward to seeing you in the sunny south of Texas next winter.

12. Bohemian32

Bohemian32 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Mission Skeet and Trap club, is located just off Express 83 and Conway. South about 1/4 mile. If you get to the bike trail parking lot you went too far. The club driveway is just to the north edge of the bike lot.
    The old guys usually shoot around noon on Sundays and Wednesday. It lasts till everyone is tired and all go home by usually two or so in the afternoon.
    Contact Jessica for more details and your Safety Breifing. Memberships are available for "Winter Texans" for something like $40.00 per year. Tokens are $5.00 apiece which entitles you to 25 clays. Shells are usually not available.
    Lots of old guys that are full on knowledge and willing to help you have a good time. A gentleman by the name of Pat, usually runs the days activities.
    Hope that helps and looking forward to seeing you in the sunny south of Texas next winter.

13. Aggie.

Aggie. Member

Might check out www.ccpistolrifleclub.com They throw big 50s and lots of fun shoots. Close to Port A

14. Aggie.

Aggie. Member

Might check out www.ccpistolrifleclub.com They throw big 50s and lots of fun shoots. Close to Port A

15. Martinpicker

Thanks guys! What is "rough" about the Brownsville club? I shoot some great clubs like the MTA in Linn Creek, MO and the Grand in Sparta,IL, but my local club is a little single trap deal with some good old boys betting quarters! Still fun. Martinpicker

16. Martinpicker

Thanks guys! What is "rough" about the Brownsville club? I shoot some great clubs like the MTA in Linn Creek, MO and the Grand in Sparta,IL, but my local club is a little single trap deal with some good old boys betting quarters! Still fun. Martinpicker

17. Martinpicker

Found out that we will be in the Brownsville/South Padre area. I looked up the Mission club on the ATA site and it seems very nice, but it also seems to be quite a drive from South Padre. If any of you know anything about the Brownville club, or another club in the area, I would appreciate what information you can give me. Thanks again for the help. Martinpicker

18. Martinpicker

Found out that we will be in the Brownsville/South Padre area. I looked up the Mission club on the ATA site and it seems very nice, but it also seems to be quite a drive from South Padre. If any of you know anything about the Brownville club, or another club in the area, I would appreciate what information you can give me. Thanks again for the help. Martinpicker

19. Landshark

Landshark Member

The club in Mission Texas is a great little club with some very nice folks. I liked shooting at the Corpus Christi club when ken Tuggle was running it.

Further North is Victoria Texas. Contact Mike Hessong he's a great guy and would make you feel right at home.

20. Landshark

Landshark Member

The club in Mission Texas is a great little club with some very nice folks. I liked shooting at the Corpus Christi club when ken Tuggle was running it.

Further North is Victoria Texas. Contact Mike Hessong he's a great guy and would make you feel right at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mission tx trap club

south texas shooters mission tx