1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

south Oregon pot shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I'm going to be in south Oregon the last part of April and early part of May. Does anyone know of a pot shoot taking place in that area in that time frame? I'd like to try to get my aged dad who is in Medford out to see me shoot. wireguy

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Southern Oregon covers a lot of territory, some very rustic and runs from the Pacific Coast to the border with Idaho. I can say that the premier game shooting is in Paisley, Oregon, well out in the boon docks on Hwy 31, north of Lakeview and nearly as far east as the CA/NV border. Their shoot(s) have a marvelous reputation but I can only hope someone else can post dates for you.....Bob Dodd

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Sir Wire, both Redmond (hwy 97 east of the Cascades) and Roseburg (I-5 west of the cascades) should be fun events but are in the rough center of N and S on the map. I'm sure you'd enjoy either......Bob Dodd

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Thanks guys. Doug

6. DeVille

DeVille Member

Doug, Medford G C will have pot and money shoots on May 9th and 10th at our May PITA money shoot. There will be added money for the Game shoots. Dex

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Doug, the Paisley Club I mentioned has a PITA Registered shoot on May 30, 31, and June 1 with 100 doubles, and 50 bird singles and handicaps and bird backers each day. Their famous Mosquito Festival, non-registered, fun and games shoots will be July 25, 26, and 27th and it's touted by many. I've never attended since the games just don't seem to spin my wheels but I've heard of this shoot and it's fun for over 10 years of living in Orygun. If you want to see a program, just buzz me an address where I can send it. BTW, I can't say enough about the Medford Club too. It's always been a favorite for me even when living in far north CA as well as Eugene, OR. And, Cottage Grove-Eugene has a 2 day, 500 bird PITA registered shoot during your dates on the 26th and 27th of April if you care to travel that far up from the southern border. I would expect games to be shot saturday evening as long as there is interest. I think you have my email address if you want to chat off the forum....Breakemall.....Bob Dodd

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

DeVille, are those games still on for May 9 and 10 at Medford Gun Club? My dad lives just north of there. I'm still in Brookings at this time. wireguy

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Sir Wire, while I can't imagine why Medford would cancel, I'm not close enough to be certain. If you want to be sure to reach Dex, try this address: dex9@embarqmail.com

Bob Dodd

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Thanks Bob, if I don't reach him I'll call their club president.

11. DeVille

DeVille Member

Doug, You have e-mail. I just got back from K Falls or would have contacted you earlier. The games are on and expect good turn out for the PITA shoot. Come join the fun. Dex, MGC president.

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Dex, you got your own self elected President? I'm not sure to congratulate you or send a sympathy card...<;-) I'll reckon it will be good for Medford; one of my favorite venues. BTW, after the second surgery on the arm, I've managed to shoot 100 sporting but there's a lot of resting between stations with 8 or 10 shots where trap is a lot more tense with 25, restock, another 25, restock and so on. I was pleased with the sporting but was real unhappy after just 75 trap singles for practice the next day. Looks like another very slow recovery - lots of nerve aggravation and pain. Seeya sometime this year.....Bob Dodd

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Thanks gents, I am looking forward to Saturday night, and Sunday? wireguy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.