1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

South florida Shooting Sports CLOSED

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

A trusted friend went out there today to shoot his new shotgun (new ber. UBG 25 auto) and when he got there the front gates were closed and padlocked, with a sign on the gate stating that they will be closed until Sept. I do not know anything more at this point, but will add it to this thread as more info comes along. I heard a rumor about a problem with noise. But do not know if the closing has anything to do this yet. So, in short all there monthly ATA shoots and the fl. chain shoot look to be off this year. I hope I save someone the drive to the club. Break-em all. JEff

2. Pull & Mark

Here's the latest news I got today about the club. It appears that Martin county has closed the club, for as yet unknown reason. The owner is moving the club to the old Thundercross shooting grounds, and out of Martin county. This club is just north of Okeechobee, or at least used to be. You took Rt. 710 (beeline Hwy) to the end and turned right onto 70, back toward Ft. Pierce for about 6-8 miles and turned off, back into the club. I forgot the road name since they closed. Anyway they are hoping to have this new club back open in 4-5 weeks.
    I just found the thread by Kim Wright, The Chain Shoot has been cancelled at South Florida Shooting Sports.Break-em all. Jeff

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Jeff,

Where is Thundercross?

Eric

4. Rottweil72

Rottweil72 TS Member

please post address -- hope it is closer to labelle, fl -- need one that direction

5. Pull & Mark

Thundercross was a small club just less than 15 east of Okeechobee on Route 70. It also has a motorcross motorcycle racing course right next to it, by the same name. It was sold off to build homes on. I guess the deal with the builder fell through, and is not developed yet. It was sold out about the same time as Palm Beach Trap and Skeet sold off their land. Not sure who first. They are the club that sold off their sporting clay,trap, & skeet machines to J&R outfitter a few years back. Their is no town on my map near to the club. I shot a few rounds of everything out their a few years back. Mike the sporting clay guy in the vero club was running the sporting clay shoots out their until they closed down. He then got set up in the old Hal Dupont shooting range in vero. I guess we will just have to wait and see how long it takes to get set up and running again. Its abit of a drive to get out there. Break-em all. Jeff

6. Pull & Mark

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.