1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

South End Gun Club - Club Review

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Took my son to South End Gun Club on Saturday (April 24) and we both fell in love with this fine old trap club. From the big front porch, lined with chairs over looking the trap fields, to the row of towering sycamore trees behind the fields.

Wow was this place great. The large open club house was full of cool old photos of champions past. Everything was the way you wish every club would be. The food was excellent, make sure you try the fresh cut fries, and the people were tops. The lady at the payment window wished my boy good luck 3 times before we were done paying. Targets were great and the trappers were friendly....need I say more!

Great day with my boy at a great old club. I highly recomend a visit if you are ever in the Reading PA area. We will be back soon!

2. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Roger,

South End was the first club I ever shot registered targets at - 1969. Back then the big porch was comforting, the food was great, the people all acted as though you were really welcome and the targets were always set perfectly. Roger and Delores Hamilton, Bill and Jean Hunsberger, Bob Diefenderfer, George Newmaster, Mahlon Schwar, Bob Miller and even Frank Little were regulars. The pigeon rings were still there out in front of the middle of the line and, even then, there were tons of old pictures capturing the glory days of the shotgunning sports in Pennsylvania.

Glad you and your son enjoyed one of the true gems. Good to know that traditions are being upheld.

Mike Mann

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If they weren't set perfectly they had to endure the wrath of Bill Hunsberger- and they were always set in the 3-hole!!

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

South End is a great club. I wish I could get up there more.

Pat Ireland

5. jpinto101

jpinto101 TS Member

Great place to shoot. They shoot every Wednesday morning starting at about 10:00 am. Great bunch of guys and great shooting. I believe every second Wednesday is a meat shoot. Four winners every set of 25 birds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.