1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

South East Pa. shooter passes, Fred Suriano

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by need to shoot more, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Fred Suriano Passed on November 13,2012

I first met Fred ( Mr. Suriano ) in the late 60's early 70s @ Flourtown Sandyrun G.C.I was young boy following my Dad to the gun club on Sunday afternoon. I think I heard my first curse word from Fred's mouth,not real bad though.
    I remember he had a thing for 4Es he was always trading and selling, and good at it too.I broke away from shooting for little and came back and ran into Fred again, now he was liking Model 12s. I rember he made the local smalltown paper (Ambler) Pa. for helping a couple with a old farm house that was infested with bats, Fred waited at dusk down below by the attic opening with a M42 410 bore.

Fred shot at most of the local clubs in Montgomery,Bucks and Delaware Counties.
    Rest in Peace,
    Jim Z

2. smthro06

smthro06 Member

I got started in trapshooting about 4 years ago so my experience with Fred is more brief than most. I always enjoyed chatting with him as he regaled me with stories of his youth hunting experiences. Part crumpy codger and part fun uncle and I loved every bit of it. We last saw him about 6 weeks ago at LPRGC on Friday night when he stopped for what we knew was likely his last visit as his health was starting to really go downhill. He really didn't let on that things were that bad but the word was around and we knew. He rarely shot with us for the last couple of years but was a mainstay at the Table of Knowledge in the winter by the fireplace. He was awarded our annual trap shooter HOF last year for all of the time he had spent shooting clay sports and for the spice he brought to the clubs. We'll have good memories of him for a long time to come.

3. Byrrrdmann

Byrrrdmann Member

Word has it that when Fred arrived at the pearly gates he tried to sell Saint Peter a model 12 in almost new condition, hardly used! RIP Fred, God bless you, until we meet again.

Tony Generose

4. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Need to shoot more, you have a pm. Danny

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Danny P.M. responded

6. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fred used to attend a lot of the shoots at Bucks County Fish and Game. Told a lot of interesting stories. Another "character" gone from the shooting world.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.