1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

South Dakota Pheasant Hunting combo free trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by littleriver, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littleriver

littleriver TS Member

Taking bookings for the 2008 pheasant hunting season.
    References available.
    Check out either of our sites for videos of hunts at different times of the year at our place.
    This is an all inclusive hunt which includes hunting, lodgeing, great meals, guides, dogs, free trap range with shells included, rides to and from the airport or town and the trainer will even assist you with any of your dog training needs if you like.

You can harvest three roosters and five partridge per day. If we limit early and time allows I often take people up into the prairie pot hole region and see if we can't get into some Sharptail's.

Don't forget to ask about our free whitetail combo hunts with any of our pheasant hunting packages.

Bring your dogs, they are more than welcome. Yes there is heated space inside for them. If they are a house dog they even sneak into the rooms now and then.

There is a big screen tv so you won't miss your Sunday and Monday night football. Go Vikes, yea right!!!!!!!

We have all the comforts of home. We do have rooms with queen size beds and adjoining, private bathrooms for couples. You need to make sure and request this as we only have a few available rooms like this.

If you would like more info feel free to contact us at 605-395-7799 or 605-262-0844.

littleriver@abe.midco.net

www.littleriverpheasanthunts.com
    www.aasouthdakotapheasanthunting.com

http://littleriverpheasanthunts.com/images/15160104.JPG
    [​IMG]

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Send some info please

Gene

3. emm2

emm2 Member

Please send info. Thanks Shane

4. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Going to the web site above will give you a lot of information.

5. jeff rasmussen

jeff rasmussen TS Member

I clicked on the discussion out of curiosity and noticed that the youngster on the left is a friend of mine Jason Molar from Austin Texas. He had actually invited me on the trip but i backed out. He has already booked a trip for next year and said it was the hunting trip of a lifetime. Jason is a weekend guide for bird hunting in the austin area and knows his stuff.

Good luck

Jeff Rasmussen

6. littleriver

littleriver TS Member

If you would go to our site at www.littleriverpheasanthunts.com there is actually more info then in our brochure. We also do let you waterfowl hunt free as well but that totally depends on the moisture situation and if you get a license from the state or not. If you have any questions at all give me a call or drop me a quick email with your number or question and I will get back to you asap. We are set up as a preserve so we can do combo hunts in the spring for snow geese and still let people hunt pheasants until the end of March. Now, your are not shooting pen raised birds. Per South Dakota Law we have to release 600 birds per year. That is a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers of wild birds harvested on the place. I have guided at 8 or so lodges over the last 20 years and I can almost guarantee you to a 100% certainty, you can't get a better deal anywhere in the state for what you get here and all the extra's you can do. You can come and harvest a whitetail for free as a combo if you like and we have some very big deer in this county. You can also see some footage from one of the TV shows that filmed the last two years here. I just put them on because one hunt was early and the other late December. It is not uncommon to see 150-200++ bird flushes at times. It is incredible. Right now there are more birds on the place then opening day of hunting season and I am not exaggerating. We leave the corn in all year for them so when we get snow on the ground like this a lot of birds from the surrounding area end up sitting in our cover at night and feeding in our corn fields during the day. The people running this place are very laid back and easy going. Everything is always happy and fun. You will have the hunt of a lifetime. Like I said, this is classified as a preserve but this is by no means a canned hunt. If you do shoot the occasional released bird odds are it is going to either be a Melonistic Mutant(black/purple) or one of the blonde pheasants. We like to release mainly those instead of regular ringnecks. We get the same credit for it, they are beautiful and most people mount them, they are almost all released as babies so if they do survive the additional eight to ten weeks they are well educated by the predators already. You need not worry, these birds are up and out of there in a hurry. I have lived in South Dakota my entire life and worked at a lot of lodges and believe me, it is not hard to tell the difference between a wild bird or a released bird that was let out even a few weeks earlier. I can't imagine what they most fly like if they were released in front of you the morning of the hunt. I have never guided anywhere that did it that way but I hear about it from customers from different parts of the country all the time when they get here. They can't believe the difference in the strength and speed of wild birds compared to what they are use to shooting. That just doesn't seem like it could be that fun to me if the fly like a lead balloon. The picture below is showing about 450 acres of CRP ground, that is nothing compared to what you and the dogs will see each day. We may not need to hunt all day to limit and if that is the case often we will jump in the vehicle and run about 40-50 miles Northwest and see if we can't get in on some Sharpies(Sharptail Grouse). We also hunt a lot of food plots, trees, corn fields, grain sorgum fields slough bottom and river bottom. There is a lot of different types of cover we hit everyday. Your dogs are definitely more experienced when they leave here. If you have any questions give me a call at either 605-262-0844 or 605-395-7799. littleriver@abe.midco.net

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.