Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourcing ammo in CA Bay area

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bill60 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy factory ammo in the bay area (where it's not ridiculously expensive). I'd like to settle on a standard cartridge (I don't reload) for use with my Ljutic - and would prefer US made.

I live in Pleasanton, and unfortunately the local Big 5 doesn't have a good seelction. At one store they wanted $8 per box for Federals...

Any suggestions?

Phil

P.S. Yes, I know lead is going up, so it's all getting expensive. I'd like to make a big bulk buy so I don't have to head out every week looking for whatever is on special.

#2 ·
Jump on the $8 box of Federals. That's as good as you will get. Good luck finding anything any better. AA's and Remington are $8.99 a box at the local Wal-Mart, Cabela's, Dick's, and Academy stores.

That's how Kalifornia will get rid of guns, by running up the prices.

#3 ·
Phil,

I'm an expat aussie myself. spent 12 years in the bay area before moving a little east of there. best bet in your area is guns n stuff in vacaville, the store is between fairfield and vacaville on the south side of I80. pretty easy to find. they have the best deals for ammo that you will find close to you. other than that come on up to **** creek in lincoln sometime and shoot some trap, skeet, sporting, 5 stand and bunker.

cheers
jim

#4 ·
Ever consider joining the Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club? At least once, and maybe twice a year one of the shooters puts together a group buy on Kemen shells (yup they're Spanish). I heard that the upcoming group buy price maybe in the mid $50's per 10 box flat. Good luck.

#5 ·
I acually buy my ammo at **** creek when i go there to shoot wildcat do u know if the nitro 27 are still 60 bucks a flatt thanx I also go to any walmarts out of the bay area for there federal 4 packs or my practice and i go to the sportsmans warehouse for some of my shells also

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.