1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sources for wood reliable?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I really enjoy all the posts we have at TS.Com about wood and learning about the various types of blanks. I have had several rifles made from english walnut and fiddle back maple I am now thinking about doing one of my mod 12 traps. I know the following names have been mentioned and I was was wondering what experiences you gents have had with Hunter bid.com and the company from Turkey Denli. Both seem to have some great looking wood and some reasonable prices. Opinions please

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I purchased two blanks from Denli about 3 years ago. I was very pleased although wiring money to an account in Switzerland was a leap of faith. They did supply many references, a couple of which I checked out, so my worry index did drop. Shipping is expensive so be aware of that.

Jerry

3. Tax Man

Tax Man TS Member

Stripor,

I have purchased a bunch of blanks from Cecil Fredi in Las Vegas. He has some beautiful wood and he will email you a bunch of pictures to choose from. You need to describe what you are looking for and the grade of wood. He has English, Claro, Blach, Maple, Myrtle, Bastogne (Spelling?), etc. Cecil is a good person to deal with and he stands behind his wood.

Paul

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

many good sources of wood out there, some who advertise on this site....bought some from Old Tree....very satisfied...have also heard good things about Cecil Fredi, Scattergun Stocks and Wenig....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.