1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Source for micro switch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by vatrap, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vatrap

vatrap Member

Anybody have a good source for the microswitchs for the old style yellow Winchester trap or skeet release cords? We use to keep a lot of them at the club before switching the traps over to voice calls but we still use them on our skeet and 5 stand fields and I have not been able to find a good source.
    The microswitch part number is V3 101.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Do a scerch for MSC industrial supply,,,,leaving for work now or would send a link for you,,,I do have there catologe,,,,mite be able to look tomorow,,,,good luck

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

QRP....800-742-0425.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

try grainger

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Do a Google search for "microswitch" Thats the actual name of the company that made the switch for Winchester. The trick is determining what you need as there is no cross reference between Winchester Part numbers and Microswitch numbers. I did it 20+ years ago with a friendly Microswitch Distributor. You need to find one that will work with you.

TB

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Actually, the CORRECT part number is: V413A.

I have them in stock as I am the Midwest Distributor or H-S Precision, Inc. here in Rapid City SD. H-S and I orchestrated the Winchester buyout and move to Rapid City of their entire trap & skeet division many years ago.

There are many micro switches on the market, and believe me, I have researched around to find cheaper replacements than what the factory offers. I cannot duplicate that switch. Many of the W-W trap and skeet parts are custom made for these machines and the companies have an agreement not to sell to anyone other than to H-S. I know, as I've tried to get motors directly from Edison, springs, etc.

If you were to call the factory, H-S Precision, Inc., at 605 341-3006 you will most likely get Donny (their trap & skeet man), and he will tell you to contact me. They will not sell directly to users, only through their distributor network.

The are a whole $7.23 each.

Whiz White<BR>
    605-341-4412<BR>
    Midwest Distributor of Winchester-Western Trap & Skeet Products

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I "can" buy then exact solenoids from Grainger, HOWEVER, and that is the big catch, I have to spend $over $2,000 to get the exact solenoids that the W-W use. One can buy a couple of look-a-likes they carry, but (1) they do not work correctly, and (2) they lack the ft-lbs of thrust. I just sent some back for these reasons. The volume purchase for one solenoid price is $155 and change. That is more than the factory has them retail priced.

You absolutely CAN NOT purchase W-W parts directly from the factory! That is factory policy. I do know this and am out there once a week at least, and the trap & skeet person is one of my ex-students and neighbor.

You can't buy the EXACT motors from Edison. I do have a work-around, however. These motors are a specifically built ONLY for the W-W machines. They have an agreement with them... if Edison is selling them to others, then they risk the possibility of losing that business. The CEO, Tom Houghton, would easily tell them to take a hike. I don't think you know Tom like I do... believe me.

The Edison motor is built ONLY for H-S. My partner in another operation owns a large company dealing with electrical components. He cannot duplicate that motor but he came up with a work-around. The micro switches may not be specific, but I don't care much about this because were only talking a few dollars. I am more interested in finding cheaper alternatives. And, this is also true for the relays whether they be 110V or 230V.

9. virg

virg Member

Just a comment on some of the above topics, I replaced the motor on a 1524 [win. singles machine] about 20 years ago with the motor I purchased at our local Farm and Fleet store for about 1/4 of what they wanted for a factory replacement. The only thing I had to do was shim the motor a little higher with a couple of washers to get it lined up correctly. As far as I know the trap is still working fine as I replaced all of our manuals 7-8 years ago with auto's and sold all the manuals. I bought many replacement micro switches and limit switches from Graingers and they worked just fine. Virg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.