1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sounds like a good plan.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mixer, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

"I like Texas

The City of Dallas, Texas passed an ordinance stating that if a driver is pulled over by law enforcement and is not able to provide proof of insurance, the car is towed. To retrieve the car after being impounded, they must show proof of insurance to have the car released. This has made it easy for the City of Dallas to remove uninsured cars. Shortly after the "No Insurance" ordinance was passed, Dallas impound lots began to fill up and were full after only nine days. Over 80 % of the impounded cars were driven by illegal's.

Now, not only must they provide proof of insurance to have their car released, they have to pay for the cost of the tow, a $350 fine, and $20 for every day their car is kept in the lot. Guess what? Accident rates have gone down 47% and . . . Dallas' solution gets uninsured drivers off the road WITHOUT making them show proof of nationality. I wonder how the ACLU or the Justice Department will get around this one. Just brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?"

2. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Active Member

Cheese, I'm crying in my beer. May need another cold one, eh.

Ernie .....in AZ.

3. darr

darr Well-Known Member

This is so sensible it can't be argued in good conscience. However I'll bet anyone on this forum that there will be an article or a court case that calls this law racist or "insensitive". This is cut and dry. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. It is so right that 548 and Traders will cry foul. Vamos a veer. Translated "we shall see".

Darr

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan. Couple weeks ago a fellow shooter was involved in Head On collision, white female driver, texting and no insurance. He car totaled, shooter insurance fixing his car. She should have been "towed" to the personnel impound lot. Jake

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The best plan would be to "deal" with offenders instead.

Whenever you make something "mandatory" said product will COST YOU more. IT'S what drives GREED.

DWI and inattentive driving needs stricter enforcement, LIKE lets go back to the Chain gangs.

Just as a example my state wants "volunteers" to clean the litter along highways and hire out Goats to clean up the brush in meridians. DON'T need to do that!!! Put these offenders to work!!

Make TIME fit the crime!

6. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

There is a very simple way to do this. Just follow what they do/did (I have not been up there for a few years) in British Columbia Canada. You get your licence plates and tags from your insurance company. No insurance not tags. The police can spot you and stop you without having to wait for you to do anything else wrong.

The argument that "Whenever you make something "mandatory" said product will COST YOU more" is wrong. When everyone has auto insurance it cost you less.

Jim R

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Not in my state of Washington!! Once voters made it mandatory to have auto insurance, PRICES doubled!! ALL "competitive" pricing disappeared!!

It was "sold" to us as "making it cheaper" AND we would not have to have or pay for "uninsured motorist" WRONG!!!! still paying for that coverage!

Have you heard of ObamaCare!!!! IT'S been slowly spoon feed to US for a long time!!!

Same Ideology !!! just a different name!!

8. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I live fairly close to Dallas and it has helped quite a bit, it has been in effect for a while

The LEOs have computers with the data that tells them if the vehicle is covered and when they follow you they type in the license #, no ins and the cherry grinders come on

10. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

We've had that program here in MN for a while. No insurance gets you a trip to the impound lot. Takes proof of insurance and a bit of cash to get it out. Also has to be released to the owner on file. Lot easier to just have insurance IMO.

MN also issues special plates to DUI recipients. We call them whiskey plates. They are easily recognized and as I understand gives the PO the ability to stop the vehicle at will.

11. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I live in British Columbia, and agree with Jim R that getting your license plates and insurance tags at the same place is a great idea. We also have a provincially operated motor vehicle insurance company, with basic insurance being mandatory from them, and options like collision and vandalism being available either through private companies, or the provincially operated company.

This insurance system was set up about 35-40 years ago to ensure that reasonably priced insurance was available to all citzens of the province. At the time it came into being, my insurance dropped by between 1/3 and 1/2. Optional private insurance followed that drop soon after.

Unfortunately, "professional insurance executives" were hired to run the company, and treated it as though it was a shareholder driven entity, with maximum profit as the end goal. It shows huge profits, and has massive reserves,but the provincial government treats it as a cash cow, and declares profits to be a dividend to government, thereby removing any chance that rates may be lowered. It still offers better rates than private insurance in other provinces, though. When my son lived in Ontario, his insurance on a 1981 Toyota 4x4 pickup was over $400/month. When he came back to B.C., it dropped to about $1500-1600 per YEAR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.