1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry, Just have to share this!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tad houston, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Can't help it, I just have to give some recognition to our great group of kids we have shooting for our school FFA Team here in Branson, MO.

[​IMG]

Words can't express how happy I am for these kids. They have worked hard and have been a great group to work with. The results are from the Missouri SCTP Championships this past weekend.

Hopefully the photo is big enough to read but just in case, they brought home 1st and 2nd in the High School Advanced division, 1st in High School Junior Varsity, 1st in Junior High Novice and 3rd Junior High advanced.

We are still waiting for the AIM results to be posted (they shot both programs the same day, 100 targets each) but I know the kids did well there too.

As a parent as well as a coach who has watched and taught these kids, many of whom shot their first shotgun as a part of our team, I can tell you that these youth programs are having a tremendous impact on getting people that had no interest in guns (and the concerns of gun owners) interested and involved in our sport.

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Nothing to be sorry for. As a high school teacher I just wish we could get a team together, that is great

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

That is Braggin rights!! Great job !!!

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Trapday,

People like you give the sport a good name. Congratulations to your kids. My buddy Bill B. has developed our AIM program at Blue Grass Traps in Wilmore ,KY , and we have about 14 new shooters. It is unbelieveable how much progress they have made. Watching these kids encourages me about our future. I want to thank everyone of you that helps to promote our sport.

Charlie

5. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

Great Job, Keep it up! I'm hoping I can attend a Coaching school somewhere in the Southeast in the future.

6. Miles

Miles Member

hi trapdady...

you have well deserved your name!

looks like you're a Great Trap Daddy!

wish i had one, but i only got a 6 foot 7 inch mean montana man to teach me.

your kids are so....... lucky!

[j/k montana man}

7. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement!

I will tell you that all the hours and work are more than worth it!

For those just getting started (or just thinking about getting a youth group started) I will encourage you to just keep at it. When my son and I got involved 4 years ago we were lucky of we could get 15 kids to show up. This year we had almost 50 show up for our organizational meeting in November and we still have 30 left that are serious competitors.

Feel free to email me through my Team web site or PM me if you want to share ideas or have questions.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Great job and hats off to you! It's so nice to see young people coming into the shooting sports.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.