1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Soros: Obama and Romney - Not much difference

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/SorosObama-RomneyNotMuchDifference/2012/01/28/id/425830

Soros: Obama, Romney 'Not Much Difference'

Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 04:26 PM

By Dave Eberhart

Billionaire financier George Soros thinks that, if Mitt Romney wins the presidency, there will be "little difference" between him and Barack Obama in the White House.

Soros offered the reassuring news to liberals across Europe during an interview this week in Davos, Switzerland.

As policymakers from Hong Kong to Canada pressed Greece and its creditors to strike a deal to cut the nation’s debt, Soros pressed in on GOP presidential candidate Romney:

"Well, look, either you’ll have an extremist conservative, be it Gingrich or Santorum, in which case I think it will make a big difference which of the two comes in," Soros told Reuters in a videotaped interview.

"If it’s between Obama and Romney, there isn’t all that much difference except for the crowd that they bring with them."

Soros added, "Romney would have to take Gingrich or Santorum as a vice president and you probably have some pretty extreme candidates for the Supreme Court."

"So it won't be that great a difference," he concluded, if Romney becomes president.

Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh described Soros' move this way: "He's endorsing Romney. 'Romney, that's cool, no difference, I could go either way that way.'"

Soros also told Reuters that many hedge fund managers in the United States are backing Romney because Obama wants to raise their taxes.

Soros predicted that "there won't be a great deal of enthusiasm on either side of the battleground. It will be more civilized than the previous elections have been."

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Soros: Obama, Romney 'Not Much Difference'
    Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

The difference to gun owners here in America is the appointment of constructionist judges. With Obama appointing judges, the 5 to 4 decision on the Second Ammendment will be wiped out.

3. Brian in Oregon

What makes you think Romney will appoint judges friendly to the Second Amendment?

The fact is, Romney 75% of the state judges Romney appointed were DEMOCRATS.

If this truly matters to you, you'll vote for someone more conservative.

4. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Have you noticed that the news media and the Democrats are backing Romney. Todd and Axelrod along with McCain are talking it up for Romney. They act like if Obama don't get it then they would like for Romney to get it. Romney and McCain were both Democrats at one time. We wouldn't be changing anything. All I can say if they want to get Obama out of that office they had better back who ever the RNC backs. I really don't want to vote for Romney but I would vote for Mickey Mouse to get Obama out and every body had better do the same.

Dave

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

They are backing Romney because they know the bamer can beat him, it smacks of the last election. If you remember they were friendly towards McCain then of course the rest is history!! just my $.02

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Romney running against barry would be the same as McCain and barry 4 years ago.

7. Gary Waalkes

Dear Brian in Oregon - as I recall, the last election you were one of the many who felt McCain was not "conservative enough" and therefore you refused to vote for him, thereby GIVING the election to obama. Looks like you are doing the same thing again.

8. Brian in Oregon

Actually, Gary, I did vote for McCain last time. And I said it was going to be the last time I'll ever vote for an anti-gun RINO. And I meant it. If Romney is the nominee, I will vote third party. And many others feel this way too. Romney may well lose enough hard core pro-gun voters in close swing states that he will lose this election. That's why I am urging Republicans to THINK long and hard about their choice for the nominee.

9. Gary Waalkes

Brian, you can stand on principal but consider if obama is re-elected. The odds are that the next president will appoint at least 3 supreme court judges. Do you want more Kagans and Sotomayors? Vote for 3rd party, you will be giving our gun rights and a lot more away.

10. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

A year ago it was said the the Obummer people want to run against Romney. He would be and easy ticket to beat. The reason many of the Republicans and Demo's are protesting so hard against Newt is they no if he got in government would be substancially reduced and many on both sides will be saying hello to sing sing.
    Newt got screwed big time when he was investigated durring the Clinton years. Newt was against Clinton in almost everything he done. Don't forget Clinton was also behind the Dodd and Frank Fanny mae and Freddie Mac. Slick Will is also the overseaer of the Hatti disaster.
    For some reason the News media is heavilly into the Obama thing. Also Fox has leaned toward the Romney thing. That last I heard the Saudi's purchased controlling interest in Fox about 2yrs ago. Can't prove it but I have never got a response back from Fox saying any different. Maybe more should inquire. Wild Bill

11. Brian in Oregon

I do not see Romney nominating anyone friendly to the Second Amendment. He nominated Democrats 75% of the time for judges as governor.

But, you're pointing fingers at the wrong group. It won't be those who will not vote for Romney that are to blame. The blame will fall squarely on those who are trying to jam Obama Lite down our throats and are telling us we have no choice but to vote for him. Sorry, he is NOT our nominee, and sorry, but we DO have a choice, and that's to vote third party. The sooner "conservatives" who are pushing Romney figure this out, the better.

The sad fact is, the GOP and Republicans as a whole NEVER learn their lesson. Third party votes torpedoed other anti-gun RINOs, like Daddy Bush's second term, Bob Dole, and John McCain. Oregon has not been able to elect a Republican governor in decades because they've all been anti-gun. What makes you think Romney is immune to this?

Predictions are just that, predictions. But I predict Romney is going down. His RINOism and anti-gun attitude has cheesed off too many who are damn sick and tired of being crapped on by their supposed friends. Many believe having votes taken for granted is unacceptable. Our votes have a price - faithful support of the Second Amendment.

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

The liberals' most important issues are Health Care and Global Warming. And they know if Romney is the GOP nominee, there will be no significant debate on either issue. That is because Obamney has already "bought on" to the predominant liberal position on both issues.

That's why the liberals feel safe running against Romney. They have little risk. They are "gambling with the house's money," so to speak, or at the very minimum, gambling with $10 of their own money against $1,000 of the other side's money. On both of the topics that are most of interest to them, even if they lose...they don't lose much.

I estimate they have a 75% chance of winning the election, and even if they lose, both their pet issues are safe. Those are good odds for them.

13. Gary Waalkes

The big thing about being President is appointing judges and setting various policies. Legislation is controlled by the House and Senate. Judges can wipe out the Second Ammendment. obama would make certain the new majority on the Supreme Court would strike down the individual right to keep and bear arms.

14. loop02

loop02 Member

Putin issued an arrest warrant for Soros last week

15. Brian in Oregon

Gary Waalkes, quote: <i>"The big thing about being President is appointing judges and setting various policies. Legislation is controlled by the House and Senate. Judges can wipe out the Second Ammendment. obama would make certain the new majority on the Supreme Court would strike down the individual right to keep and bear arms."</i>

If you really believe that then you will help defeat Romney in the primaries. Because he has nominated Democrat judges 75% of the time. Given his anti-gun stance and his actual, indisputable track record for nominations, what makes anyone think he will even consider the Second Amendment when making SCOTUS nominations?

(edit)

How many of you are old enough to remember when Reagan, who supposedly was a friend of gun owners, nominated Robert Bork for the Supreme Court?

I do. And I remember the difficulty in getting gun owners educated about his view of the Second Amendment, because we had no Internet in those days. Bork believed the Second Amendment only provided the right to join a state militia.

16. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

So Democratic judges are automatically anti-gun????

17. Brian in Oregon

<i>"So Democratic judges are automatically anti-gun???? "</i>

Do you have evidence showing any are pro-gun?. I certainly have not seen any.

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

maybe soros thinks he can control romney like he does hussein.....

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Wonder if the Russians can extradite him? click on the link above.

20. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Obama vs Obama Lite.............really, if Romney gets the nomination I might just stay home on election day. Whether you get stabbed in the front or stabbed in the back the result is the same.

John C. Saubak

Peerless, Montana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.