1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sore Rt Thumb

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

I shoot a P gun with a PFS stock which works great except for a very sore right hand thumb. When I shoot more than about 100 rounds the rt thumb joint hurts like hell. It takes forever to go away. Has any one else experienced this problem and is there something I can do about it or am iI I doing somthhing i should not be doing to cause this injury to my hand.

Would you think that I would benefit by a large palm swell to move the joint out of the line of the force of the recoil or what?

If anyone has any good ideas I would sure appreciate hearing about something that would help reduce or eliminate this repudiative impact injury.
    Thanks for any ideas.
    Doug

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Doug, Could it be that the recoil assembly in you PFS is adjusted too softly? This would cause the grip to recoil rearward at a faster pace than if it were set to be stiffer on recoil. If my PFS is set to softly the trigger guard will recoil rapidly and bang the knuckle on my middle finger. Marc

3. citadel

citadel Active Member

Marc thanks for the suggestion. Yes it is quite soft I will fix that tomorrow..
    Thanks
    Doug

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Put a couple strips of moleskin on the grip under your right thumb. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sore thumb from gun