1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sorce forCleaning rod

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have seen a cleaning rod that you use with a drill that uses strips of scotch bright pad. Can anybody give me a source?

2. C H S

C H S TS Member

Can't help you with a source, but I doubt I'd use scotch-brite in my bore; it's harder than most steels and I suspect it would put a nice cross-hatch hone pattern in the bore.

Andy

3. jtf650

jtf650 Member

I may be wrong, but I think it was made by a company called Performance Specialities (website above). The company's main focus is remote control plane stuff and it doesn't look like they're still offering the cleaning rods. Call or email the company- maybe they have a few hanging around. James Fawcett

4. Bob A

Bob A TS Member

James is correct. It was Performance Specialties and they were always primarily in the high performance RC plane racing business. I've been using one of their cleaning jags for a few years now and wouldn't trade it for anything.

As to the concern about the scotchbrite, the stuff he supplies is not the type that will remove steel and, although there are some very abrasive types of the material, that's not what you'll use in a shotgun. After a few years of cleaning, all I've got is a spotlessly clean barrel with a pretty good polish and none of the scratching or hone patterning Andy voices as a concern.

Give them a call and if they've got any left, you won't be sorry if you get one.

Bob

5. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I just called them. The cleaning rod which fits into a drill, the scotch brite cleaning jag with some industrial extra fine scotch brite material is $60.00. Extra scotch brite is $2.00 for 2 feet.

Their phone number is 775 265-7523. He said to call, because he doesn't list them on his web site anymore.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

performance specialties cleaning rods