1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Son's first 25 straight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ky4some, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky4some

ky4some Member

Son

My 14 year old son's Northern Kentucky Scholastic Trap group was having a Big 50 registered ATA event tonight and in his first round he ran his first ever 25 straight. He came off the line with a huge smile on his face that was priceless. After getting into trap shooting last year, he's been close a couple times but tonight was his first. Thanks to Coach Dennis Menning for running a great program and providing such great instruction.

I guess I need to get more practice so I can get my first. :)

Mike Kamer

2. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Congratulations to your son !

I remember how proud I was when my son broke his first 25 Straight.

What a feeling.

3. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

That is so special ... congradulations!!! Still remember mine and my dad was there!!!!

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

That is great Mike.

Like you I have many great memories shooting with my sons. Now that they are off and busy with college and life in general, we don't get to do it as often.

Enjoy,

Guy Babin

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Great shooting! You should get him a 25 straight patch, the gun club may have some, if not they can get some or you can usually find someon ebay. Congratulations. John

6. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Great Stuff! Did the squad shoot his Hat? Isnt that a tradtition in the States?

7. Advsporttech.com

Advsporttech.com TS Member

I started shooting with my dad when I was 12. Did it for 2 years or so and stopped for 22 years. I just started shooting again last year and shot my first 25 at 34 years of age. I actually giggled. Congratulations to your son.

Chris

8. ky4some

ky4some Member

Thanks everyone. One of the coaches presented him with an ATA 25 Straight patch right on the spot. The smile never left his face all night. They didn't shoot his hat but I'm actually glad about that because he was wearing his brand new Browning hat that has become his favorite. :)

Mike Kamer

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have a supply of Federal patches, if you think he wants one.

The Federal Rep live here and drop some in my lap from time-to-time.

Use e-mail, not PM.

Whiz

10. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

im a Youth Coach it is so cool to see the Youth shoot a 25 Congrats to your son

11. Tee J

Tee J TS Member

at age 15 I came home one Saturday after trap practice and told my dad I had shot a 22 for the first time. He said he would buy me a new trap gun when I shot a 25 in a league shoot. So I shot my 25 the very next day and my dad bought me a new 870TB.

12. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family Well-Known Member

Congratulations. That is awesome.

Bud

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

You have to have your hat shot. That just the way of trapshooting. You are being cheated if they don't. LOL If I was there your hat would have been shot.

One time a guy did get his first 25 and I just smiled walked up to him and took his hat. Put two targets in it and 6 shooter lined up. The poor guy had no idea waht was going to happen. I threw it up in the air and boom. He did have a good laugh over it once he understood what was going on and wore his hat proudly. Even with all the holes in it. LOL He later said it was his good hat.

14. RemingtonReloader

RemingtonReloader TS Member

Congrats to him, I've only done it one time and it put a huge smile on my face, good shootin. -Aaron Schneider

15. clayman51

clayman51 Member

A big congrats to Brennan!! I know he has been working on that 25 with great passion. There is no doubt in my mind that he will have plenty more to come.

As a Coach we just hang the bait out there and they do all the work!!

Dennis Menning

16. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mike, A big Congrats here to your son!!! I do think he needs his HAT SHOT though!!! Yes, he has his patch, but that "hat is a trophy"!!! Don't forget to bring a extra hat to the club for his first 50 strait if you don't want his nice one shot. Just leave that one in the car/truck/suv you drive to the shoots. LOL. break em all Jeff

17. TC

TC TS Member

Congratulations to both of you, good job! Tony

18. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Congrats to Him and (to you). we know you are proud of him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.