1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Son breaks his first 25!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

My first born broke his first 25 straight last night in practice at the Howell Gun Club with the AIM kids. It was the first night in 2 years that I was not there to watch him!! Figures. My wife captured this pic after he walked off the line. That is one happy guy! He's been dancing all around it for the last 3 weeks now with scores in the mid 20's the norm now and finally got 'er done! I need to get that prototype rib off the gun and put a real one on there now!

Jeff

2. RDM

RDM TS Member

congrats young man !! 25 today,,100 tomorrow !!

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Make sure you give him a patch!

4. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Heck yeah!!!

Great job!

Wear that 25 patch proudly.

Kenny Uhlbeck

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Great job kid...........This is just the begining............

Smoke 'en all

D.P.Reynolds

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Congrats to both of you.

Get that young man a patch to proudly display.

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

He got his Remington STS 25 straight patch that night. Now he want's the ATA patch for shooting one in a registered shoot.

JK

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Well Congrats to your son there Jeff. You only shoot your first 25 once so get him the ATA patch and make him happy. May you both shoot many 25's together. Break-em all. Jeff

9. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Congrats!

You never forget your first! And there will be many more firsts after that...First 50, 75, 100 and and and...That's what makes this sport so addicting.

BTW...Is that a BT-100 he shot that with? If it is? Nice choice in firearms I must say...I shoot one myself and shot my first 25 with it as well..Great firearm and again Great Shooting! Tell him he is now part of an Elite Shotgun Shooting Fraternity!

10. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Great job! Good to see young men getting into it. At A Boy

BILL

11. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

It's actually a Pigeon Grade BT-99 from the early 80's with quite a story to tell. The original 32" IM barrel was cut from 32" to 26" and had thin wall tubes put in it. Then they sold off the Pigeon grade stock but saved the forend and put on a very plain Jane stock from another BT-99 that was whacked to fit a kid. Then they had another barrel bobbed fit to the receiver and had it tubed too. The longer of the two barrels is only 29 1/2 inches. He is shooting it well but has grown about 8 inches in the past year and a half or so. I put a adjustable stock from a BT-99 plus on it and put that 1" tall balsa wood rib on it because he started to hold his head up really high mimicking the guys at the club and started missing everything. I had him pattern the gun and it was shooting a full 2 and a half feet high at 20 Yds!! He is back on target now with the rib. I would like to get a pre 2001 32" or 34" barrel and have it fit as well. When he is done with it, it will make a great starter package for the next shooter. 3 Barrels on one receiver with 2 stocks... I have a post on here looking for a BT barrel. Cheap. Don't care about appearance. Minimal rust and straight is really all I care about. IM preferred but would take a full if it was priced right.

JK

12. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Congrats to him!!!!!!!

13. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Oh, he is on a mission now! Broke a pair of 25's registered today for his first ever score in the 90's either practice or carded. 24, 25, 23, 25 for a solid 97 at the Durand Sportsmens Club A.I.M. shoot. Got his ATA "25 Straight" patch and already want's the 50 straight one. Proceeded to back up the 97 with a 90 on the second half for a 187 and SJ high Gun trophy. Glad I was there to see that one. Can't wait for Trap and Field to come out to show him his name in there.

JK

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Good for the both of you!!! Break-em all. Jeff

15. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

Great shooting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.