1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes my skin is too thin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gary Waalkes, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I recently responded to a thread about shoot reports, updating web sites, etc, after a state shoot in a very terse and sarcastic way. Due to my direct and personal involvement in post state shoot activities, I probably should figure out how to tone down before submitting a message. I directed some of my own frustrations/aggravations at dmarbell rather than providing a more insight on what has to be done. My apology for that.

Back to that subject, the ATA does not help to ease the burden. They send paper forms and expect someone to fill them out. The forms include annual election results, trophy winners, and shooters eligible for CofC at the Grand. One would think the ATA would just supply a log in & password to the state sec and that person would simply input or import the information. Other timesaver for the shoot reporter would be to have that magic data base that matches an ATA number with a name and address. (typing in a number and then being able to copy the information is much faster and more accurate than typing it all). Even better would be if typing the member number automatically populated standard fields in a Word table or Excel sheet, giving the reporter a big head start on generating a shoot report.

Of course some things that need to be done are just slow, tedious tasks and shooters should realize the limits of volunteer time or be willing to step up and take on that task.

Regards to all
    Gary

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Make mine Orville Redenbacher with extra butter and salt...

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sportshot, Thats what happened at one of our clubs. Just got to much to handle..

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I love shooting registerd tragets and have not shot alot of practice because of shell prices-gas and time . Sunday there was no registed shoot close so I shot some at a local club . I shot 200 targets practice took me 4 hours to do it but had a very good time . After I put my stuff up I went in to pay It only cost me $24.00 bucks to spend most of the afternoon shooting . If that had been registerd it would of cost $44.00 for the same targets .

ALF

5. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Gary Waalkes is a stand-up guy. He does a lot for the sport, based on my reading here. All square by me.

Danny

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

So you had a melt down. Sometimes you have to do it so you can continue on. You are alright because you knew it happened and you are now moving forward again. A lot of times people don't appreciate what you do until you don't do it anymore.

Don

7. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

This board is but a small bump in the road of life............Roger

8. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

A number of Sporting Clays venues have started using the online program of registration, scoring, and such called “iclays”. The link is above. Perhaps the person who wrote the software for Sporting could adapt it for ATA.

BTW, I’m not affiliated with iclays.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Try the 3S software, it does what you are looking for. Can even be operated from multiple terminals to allow assembly line processing of shooters through the hadicapping/squadding/payment process.

But I know what you mean about being a volunteer at the trap club. It seems as though there is about 10% of the shooters that are determined to be miserable regardless of how nice you try to make things for them. These whiners cast a real black cloud over the entire event and it is easy to forget about the 90% that are good customers. You need to pitty these people because they obviously are not capable of enjoying life, perfection is a concept not a real world state.

There have been a lot of threads on this site about the future of trap shooting and this item of abusing the voluteer help should be on the top ten list of reasons for clubs going down the drain. Anyone that doesn't see this needs to spend a few years on the other side of the fence helping to run a club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.