1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*Sometimes it IS the Gun*

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Spook, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spook

Spook TS Member

When you're struggling to shoot a score, you quite naturally begin to think of a new or a different gun. Your friends...(?) offer their assistance by letting you know, "It's not the gun." Most of them mean well but they're not always right.

Many times I have seen shooters' scores improve when they change guns. It happened for me when I first started chasing the 27. It is not always easy to discern why we shoot one gun better than we do another. It could be any number of reasons, i.e., better trigger, ease of gun movement, different POI, gun fit, etc. Whatever the reason, if your gun is not working, SEND IT DOWN THE ROAD.

I do know that shooting and being confident you will break a score is a lot better than shooting and hoping you will.

Spook

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I agree. Don

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I agree to!

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have to agree as well. Sometimes it's not the indian, it's the arrow. I've kept several trap guns a lot longer than I should have, for whatever reason....Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

6. IndyJohnO

IndyJohnO TS Member

Naw. It aint never the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.