1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

## SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT ##

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FlaLagarto, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I'm sorry this was not shoot related.. so I deleted it.

2. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

More alarmist "misinformation".

True, the meter will register the adding or removing of electric loads but without cameras in your house they have no way of knowing WHAT the load is. They can't tell my well pump from a table saw, my furnace fan from my freezer or my septic pump from my treadmill.

I put a dozen solar panels on my roof so I sell power back to the utility. The meter doesn't register actual loads in my house.

Mike Killian

3. rustygun

rustygun Member

wearing a tinfoil hat inside your home will disrupt your electric meter.

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Can you say Agenda 21? <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/43u936bgTps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a long video but worth watching. Sustainable cities are the reason to take away personal property. Above is the United Nations Agenda 21 vision.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CEHWsdimVO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a shorter video...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TzEEgtOFFlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8YCLzlpDlw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerbear

5. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

This is not shooting related.

That said, Mike, the danger is real, and this video is largely correct. Smart meters will be used by police to profile power behavior and to isolate certain activities. While they can't tell directly whether your table saw is running, they can inferentially arrive at a guess as to what is running by isolating deviations from a household mean.

By collecting a mass of data, they can build a pseudo-science around this to claim that certain power signatures give probable cause to believing that x criminal activity is occurring within a house.

I'm not really sure why there's much concern over these meters, or any privacy interest, on this website. Conservatives are infatuated with "law and order;" they love the police, and they think only criminals have "something to hide." Many members of this site spend every minute trying to violate my privacy to learn who I am.

Conservatives embrace massive government drug-testing programs wherein people are forced to surrender their privacy and are made to prove their innocence to the government. These "smart meters" are the end result of conservative ideology which has tossed privacy out the window in its zeal to support law enforcement in "getting tough on crime." Conservative judges across the land are hailed by the conservative faithful every time they throw someone in jail by not letting a lawyer get his client off on a "technicality."

Conservatives have fought so hard and long against the Fourth Amendment that a "smart meter" is a relatively minor intrusion and an inevitable next step in the authority state.

Conservatives are not the pro-freedom activists in this country. Conservatives hate the pro-freedom bunch.

6. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Jerry, you need to get outside more and shut that computer OFF!!!

Ron Burdick

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YUSRC-TOjlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's been going on for years.

Jerbear

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

In New Jersey we have an initiative called "Transit Villages". Municipalities are encouraging developers to build high-concentration housing in areas where there is public transportation such as rail. They routinely violate zoning laws ( or change them) to accomplish this. The idea fits nicely into the Agenda 21 curriculum.

A healthy and successful US and its constitution are the principle obstacles to this agenda. That is why America must be brought down to the level of the rest of the world. Does this look familiar to anyone? Does anyone realize what this President is attemopting to do?

The fools in the environmental movement are the "useful idiots" of this initiative. In spite of the sometimes common sense things they propose, they are the enemy! Compromise with them and they will eventually overwhelm you. Are they consciously trying to accomplish these nefarious objectives? Probably not. They never even heard of Agenda 21. But their devotion to all things anti; anti-hunting, anti-consumption, anti-fossil fuel, anti-private land ownership, etc. makes them very, very dangerous.

9. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Just when I was getting used to and enjoying the new format, this pops up in the shooting thread. I guess you have to be always vigilant to off topic posts from people that have to break the rules. Mark

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

So does everyone now get to to decide that something is so important that
    it gets to go in Shooting Related threads - especially the stuff they pick up
    from all the various internet sites? How about a sub-section in this section
    called: "Shooting related threads that aren't shooting related."

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Paranoia strikes deep<br>
    Into your life it will creep<br>
    Starts when you're always afraid<br>
    Step out of line, the man come, and take you away...

12. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

"<I>So does everyone now get to to decide that something is so important that it gets to go in Shooting Related threads - especially the stuff they pick up from all the various internet sites?"</i>

I propose that the web site operator be petitioned to add a new category called... <i>REALLY EPIC STUFF !!</i> (or <I>Really Epic "something else"</I>) and anybody who posts something there that's NOT really epic gets evicted!

Mike K

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Lets see, MKillian you have been here since 9-7-11 a total of 42 days and you are making a federal case out of a simple mistake. What is the story you have never made a mistake??????

Take a chill pill will you. Get a life we don't need anymore posting police.

Bob Lawless

14. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

What the heck are you talking about, Bob?

Who's making federal case about what!?

Do you have a sense of humor at all or is it your role to be the resident forum curmudgeon?

Mike K

15. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

It wasn't a mistake, he noted that it wasn't shooting related when he posted it, but chose to post it anyway. However, apparently seeing the error of his ways, it has been deleted. Good choice. Thanks. Mark

16. ivanhoe

Well I don't know about you but I don't find anything about the subject amusing.

Lately that is what seem to happen when a serious subject comes up certain posters make fun of what is going on. You can call me curmudgeon all you want. Just remember I have no desire to be the forum Buffoon either.

So if you have something to contribute do so if not F@*~ off.

Bob Lawless

17. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

"<I>So if you have something to contribute do so if not F@*~ off."</I>

Man, and YOU talk about the posting police!!

Until it's been officially announced that ivanhoe has been appointed to approve all postings, I suggest that you can do the same thing!

Mike K

18. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

I see bitter, old, angry Lawless spent yesterday trolling the forums, making new enemies and turning more people off to trapshooting.

19. ivanhoe

Lets see I complain because someone give a poster a hard time foe a mistake that he made in category. A mistake that he acknowledged and I am,

"turning more people off to trapshooting."

Not correct Indy I am just trying to get them to act better than an idiot like you. I realize that you can't help the fact that you know nothing about American trap. Or how it stands in relation to all the other trap shooting Sports.

Never the less it is a fact you know not of which you speak.

Bob Lawless

20. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Bob: To be truthful, it wasn't a mistake. He intentionally put the post in
    Shooting Related threads so everyone would see it, and admitted as much in his post. He fairly got criticized for it by me and others. It was bad judgement, not a mistake.
    FlaLagarto has been a respected poster here and other forums. He accepted the criticism and removed the post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.