1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Something strange with Cabelas.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lwr_, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lwr_

lwr_ Member

I made 3 online orders with Cabelas 4 days ago. Order one was for 308 ammo, shipped two days later. Order two was for a reloader and dies, shipped two days later. Order three was for Magpul AR 20 and 30 round mags, shipped two days later. A thing has happend to orders one and three, they have been recalled at shippers request to be returned back to Cabelas. Suspect since it is ammo and magazines that Cabelas is now the next retailer to be freaking out over recent events. Will call them tomorrow to find out just what their excuse may be.

Has anyone else had this experience with Cabelas, or any other online retailer?

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Call the CS Dept. and pointedly ask a Supervisor, not a phone taker.

Curt

3. mtneer88

mtneer88 Member

I was just in my local store yesterday and they were selling 30 round mags and AR's like crazy. Ammo was going out by the cart loads as well. I seriously doubt that they would change stances.

The line at the gun counter was at least 100 people. There is sheer panic on the part of the gun buying public right now and demand is up several thousand percent. The phone wait times at NICS to call in background checks is up to 90 minutes hold time.

CRAZY

4. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Problem resolved and my items are back enroute. No one really knew what the problem was.

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I visited a major gun dealer/supplier in North Central PA to get reloading supplies on Wed. They told me, it's a panic! Customers are waiting outside the door, when they open, and like mtneer88 said, they just keep hitting the recall button every 20sec to get through for insta check, and 90 min waits are the norm; or simply: busy, call back later. Supposedly NJ is requiring notarized paperwork through the mail for background checks as the system has apparently crashed.

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Swell, here comes another panic-driven increase in ammo costs. Nice.

Tim

7. 687 Trap

687 Trap Member

Shortage due to panic buying is next.

Ron

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad I stocked up on Nov 7

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You got screwed if you returned the AR-15 223cal

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

O'bama is the Usa's #1 gun seller. They love him.
    Clyde

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I called Cabelas yesterday to order some ammo. I was told they are out of everything I wanted. I ordered 9MM JHP and Ball, 45ACP JHP and Ball, .223 Ball and JHP, and they were out of all of it. No answer to when they would have some more, just call back tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.