1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Something Smells Fishy!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HUNTER64, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

Me and my kids were at the SCTP nationals for all four days. I had to work Sat. night and the team was getting medals for third place trap so we hung in as long as we could. The kids got there medals and trophy and we stayed as long as we could to watch the other team. It got to the point we had to leave, right before all the guns were given away. I was 10min away from Sparta and my phone rings, your son won a gun, a ruger pistol... Cool I thought, are you sure it was Hunter I asked, yep I am standing right here,I watched them pull his name and read it. I hang up an tell my son, he is so excited. Then my phone rings again, a coach from a team down the road from our club, hey Hunter just won a gun our you still here, no I have to go to work. 3 more phone calls telling me Hunter won a Gun and my son who is very,very,very excited. For a week and a half I have been waiting after talking to SCTP on 7/25 and today Karen tells me she does not have my son down for winning anything, she is going to check into it!!!! I think with one phone call, maybe a name of close spelling, but 5 phone calls in 15 min? I don't know were this is going, but it is gettn fishy already!!!!!!!!!

T.J.

2. 7771

7771 Active Member

maybe you needed to be present to win.. since you were not maybe they pulled another name..

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"650 looks and not one reply, I guess I spoke out to much to early."</I></blockquote>

intriguing subject line

not much anyone one can do about your problem, though

what were you expecting?

MK

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Karen Peterson is a very straight forward person. I would not suspect anything "fishy" from her.

There is a is going in in the SCTP office and I am sure she is feeling the pressure right now.

Perhaps the approach I would take is asking for a list of the winners. Also, perhaps 7771 is correct, maybe you needed to be present. We went back to the camper by that time, our kids wee wiped out.

SW

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Not knowing the particulars, but in Illinois, a minor can't own, let alone win a handgun...

regards,

Jay Spitz

6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

2 years ago ,My name was pulled for the parliament Coach gun shootoff. I did not know it,and was 15 min. late getting signed in. That was 3:15 PM. Some guy by the name of Lucky got extremely nasty and beligerent with me and let me know that he was running the show. The head man at Parliament Coach was also very pissed. I think thats why they don't do the shoot off any more. Another great ATA promotion by Mr. Lucky a great representative of the ATA. By the way,the shoot off started about 7:45. Clyde Doll

7. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

Talked to Karen this morning and the director had the info in his briefcase... I now have a very happy son, thank you SCTP for upholding you end!!!!!

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

That is great! a few years ago my fishing partner and I were in a big bass tournament.. they drew out a name for a pickup truck.. it was my partner.. this was in early febuary and he was sitting in truck getting warm.. by the time I got to him they had already drew another name.. and people wonder why i'm called blkcloud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.