1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Some users may lose their Internet in July

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Active Member

Read through the AP article at the URL listed. The brief summary is that because of infected DNS servers that were taken over by a virus that attacked Microsoft Software systems, the FBI has been running a set of alternate DNS servers that replaced the "truckload" of infected servers they confiscated when they broke up a hacker ring. The alternate servers are to be taken off line in July. It was originally to happen in March but that did not provide enough time to take care of the problem. The article also has a link to allow you to check if your computer might me one of the more than half million systems that were infected.

Click Here
  2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Thanks for the heads up.

I went for the check up and came out green and is OK. Ray
  3. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

I wonder how many people will voluntarily let the FBI scan their computer to look for a "virus"? Hmmm - no search warrant needed I guess? I can see this ending up on an episode of America's Dumbest Criminals. "Hey Cledus - How did the law know we sold 10,000 gallons of shine last year? Did we password protect our Shine spread sheet?" (Apologies if someone on here is named Cledus.)
  4. TF

TF Member

Never waste a "crisis"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.