1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Some reloading fun. PICS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I load STS hulls. Green and gold. But I decided to run a couple of odd hulls thru my PW and see what came out. I had a small qty of 12S3 wads and put tose into one Gold medal smooth plastic and one Top Gun. Then I stuck a 1 ounce fig 8 into a AA hull. All have Tite wad powder and Cheddite primers. Adn along side are shat appear to be a twice reloaded STS group tthat were overruns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is my new Bulleys component reclaimer. Verks goot, Ole.

[​IMG]

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jack, you are having way too much fun with that new loader

3. JACK

Lou. Yes. But the neat thing is that Ihave not made one alteration to the settings since putting the machine on line. I had a couple of Gun Clubs, but I think they go pitched by my machine operator. He is pretty fussy. Ya know?

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Jack,

That produces some nice reloads.

Matt

5. JACK

Matt. And the neat thing is that the only change I made to accomodate the hull change is to substitute a strate walled wad. My buddy Whack-o-Whack taught me that. He is a "baggy bagger". You know waht that is? Adn in the vinter he is a "bucket bagger".

6. don q

don q TS Member

Thats a great idea bolting your knocker outer to the machine and your Unloader is prettier than mine but they work great. don q

7. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

"CAUTION LIVE SHELL" !!!!

God but I so hate Attorneys!! Freaking WARNING labels on everything.

FN in MT

8. guido

guido Member

MIA, My MEC 9000 H will make them the same way.

GUIDO

9. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

Not in a million years could MEC load shell's like that. I own those junk piles, WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP

10. cubancigar2000

He has an 850+ I believe

11. cubancigar2000

Yeah his unloader is prettier than mine too but Gary must be setting Jack up for something?

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

800+ I think.

I actually prefer if over the Spolar because of the optional case feeder. Both great machines though.

I could not get a MEC to crimp like the PW. Not saying it cannot be done - just my problem maybe.

Don Verna

13. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Levi391.... I'll put my MEC 9000H up against any PW made for both speed and for shell quality. I've had 2 PW's, and they just didn't do the job for me a MEC does. Look closely at the shells on the left. If you will notice, there is no taper at the end of the shell. Not a big thing you say? Try feeding those into an auto loader all day long and see how many won't feed because that taper isn't there. I will grant you that a PW is light years ahead of a MEC when it comes to a quality built, precision engineered reloader, but, all things being equal, MEC does as good, or better job, for a fraction of the price. The most important thing with ANY reloader, of course, is to have it set up properly... Just my personal experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

14. guido

guido Member

Hey Levi391, Maybe your MEC's had operator trouble, and you didn't even know it.

GUIDO

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Trap2...if he puts another 1/2 turn on the nut that controls spring tension on the final crimper...the shells will have a nice rounded taper.

16. JACK

Guido. Tune that MEC up and we'll Let The OWA gusy decide whiich is better. We'll let them take mine and compare to yours. I'll use some once fired greenies. You can use them late 80s AAs that never wear out.

17. JACK

Dan-o. Those will go thru a 1100. I have money on that. Take it from a guy that campaigned 1100s. Those will feed all day long without a hiccup.

18. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

YOU GO TRAP2 MEC all the way, prefect shells prefect shooting!!!!!!

19. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

I wish I could get into your league with the PW's I started with the Mec sizemaster. I have 5 of them set up in different locations. Like all machines once you get a feel for them yoy can crank out shells to perfection. I can take any case and turn out a nice shell. For that reason I am reluctant to change. I would reccomend a sizemaster to anyone wanting to get started loading. They are much slower. I enjoy my loading time. and I never want for shells. I do enjoy looking at the other set-ups. Thanks! Marv

20. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

I'm with GB, where can I get one of those shell cutters?

Cheers,

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.