1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Some of you cooks will like this

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JACK, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The body/copy you see is a note to my daughter-in-law. Thought you cook types might be wondering why my recipes have gone silent. This stuff is really good. Jack

Val. The first pic shows that I used this one soup pot for the soup. 7 minutes on the amount of Creamette “Dumpling Noodles”, drained, rinsed, drained again, and back into pot. Added the whole can of soup starter (tomato based), whole can of stewed tomatoes, and about 1/3 a jar of the Frontera Mango Salsa (Medium heat). Any Frontera salsa will work as a flavor. I like the Mango and the double roasted tomato which is what I am sending you. The medium heat disperses to a mild flavor and will not be objectionable. Half a jar would not be too much. The Mango is sweeter.

Then the second pic shows the other ingredients. In whatever quantities you prefer. For me it is about a half a diced onion, same for a zucchini, two celery stalks, and about ½ diced red bell pepper. Sautéed on medium heat all that stuff together for about 7 to 10 minutes till softened. Added to the one pot soup, brought it up to bubbling on med heat, turned it down to low and let it meld for about 15 minutes. Turned it off and let it cool till edible and served it.

Soups are very chef friendly. Nothing absolute about the quantities or selections of stuff. I like the deal because I can eat vegetarian without feeling like I am missing out on my carnivore side. I serve this with a toasted side of Ciabatta bread. Very complete lunch or dinner. About $5 actual cost for 4 good sized portions/meals. And you walk away feeling satisfied. And FYI, Stewed tomatoes fall into the “red fruit category and are very good for you. The stewing actually enhances the food value of the “red fruit”.

Your mom and I have settled on ciabatta bread as a staple. I buy it at Cub or you can make it from this fave recipe destination of mine http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ciabatta/

I especially like the Frontera salsa recipes. View those here http://www.fronterafiesta.com/restaurants/frontera-fresco.html

Their site is down for the moment. But it will be back up shortly. Go to recipes and find soups. That is where I got started on this. Your mom and I are now limiting ourselves to about 4 ounces of various dead animal parts a day now. We both feel better.

The best to you and Craig.

Jack

The last two pics are about 5 minutes apart from last night

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Jack,

Where's the wine?

Rick in MT

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

At least you do not have to remove any snow from the display board. LOL

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And all those ingredients resulted in that beautiful sunset? You're a better chef than I am.

5. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I will be fishing the Croix on Sunday. Put out a flag so I know where to tie up and get some soup,

6. JACK

Avoid my stairs. the high water has submerged some sharp metal protrusions.

Up for Cindy

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Never tried Rick Bayless ( Frontera) products but maybe I should. My wife and I make tons of salsa and it is very good but I will have to get some of this. I looked yesterday and all I saw was mild and we need it hot

8. JACK

Lou. I use his "Harbenaro" on tacos. too hot on chips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.