1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOME OF MY OBSERVATIONS SEEN AT AREA GUN CLUBS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    what a weekend for shooting we had in the metro milwaukee area. it it was in the 40's today. started to think of some of things that i have seen recently at area clubs.

1. beware of the shooter who sits closest to the snack table inside the club house. when he thinks no one is looking, he has sparks flying off his knife and fork, he is eating so fast. when you dare to take some food from the table, he looks at you with disgust and trys to make you feel like there is not enough food for everyone else.

2. i would say most sports has groupies. i feel trapshooting has these same groupies too. these are the people who always show up, but never bring a gun to shoot. they sit, they talk, and suck up the club's free air. the way to get rid of these people is to ask them to donate time or money. they will squeal their car tires out of the lot so fast, you would think it is the car scene from michael j. fox's "BACK TO THE FUTURE".

3.every club has the resident know it all. you can be talking to another shooter and they will but in and give you an opinion. they love to latch on to new shooters, make them think they are all americans. when the new shooter someday looks at the average book they will see he was at 20 yds, and clas D.

4.every club will have the guy that shows up with his expensive car, his expensive gun, wears really nice clothing and jewerly, etc. they never shoot registered events or even winter events, all they shoot is practice, practice, and even more practice. what ever event or tournament they are practicing for i will never know, because it never comes.

5.every club has one or more of these types. maybe this is what keeps most of us coming back each week. regardless, each club becomes a family of members. over the years, we get to know the good and the bad. we get to know the very nice shooters, the helpful shooters, the loud mouths, etc. in a way it is like a family. some we like more than others.

steve balistreri

2. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I have observed that if you don't get to the club early enough, all of the cans of diet pepsi are gone.

4. 682b

682b Member

Did it take long to see these things? You missed one. Look out for the guy whose gun costs more than his truck. He is quiet not flashy and occasionally is asked his opinion, usually after all others have given theirs. JIM

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Which one are you????

GS

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Anoather stunning SS thread. You should change your name to "Shallow Smoke".

You should also really see a doctor about an "Optirectomy".

Don

7. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

I've noticed that there are those that hang out at trapshooing websites that don't seem to have a computer with a shift key on it. Is yours like that?

8. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

I feel sorry for Mr. Smoke.

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Bill you may be right . But what I see alot of the time is the people that shoot only practice and would appear to be AA and 25 yarders . If they shot registerd fall on their face . Registerd Trap is a totaly different ball game then practice . Shooting 25 singles for fun is fun but it,s not 100 targets for a win . It,s really not COMPETITION and most of the AA practice shooters can,t or are fearful of failure .

alf

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Some people just like to shoot, and don't give a dam about the ATA. I've also noticed most of the people that can give good advice, never say anything to you. You have to go to them and ask for advice.

11. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

senior smoke,read all the posts. Your right,#5 says it all.

recurvyarcher,you did not attack,you are a good person.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. GOOD LUCK

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I've observed that gun clubs are the perfect platform for CS little people who have never been or accomplished anything in their little lives to suddenly become SOMEBODY by getting elected to positions of authority for which they have no background, no training, and no ability. The reason those who do have said abilities aren't already filling those positions is because of the grief they must endure attempting to accomplish anything while being attacked and harassed by the former. Yes this sounds cynical but it is a genuine conclusion drawn from years of observing. I am grateful for those stalwarts who take those positions and do a magnificent job while enduring those harrasments.

13. Victor Brincat

Victor Brincat TS Member

Mr. Balistreri, Not all the folks are there for the free air. If you ever
    need some help just ask for Luther Ward or Eli Koparian. Don't know about Luther
    but Mr. Koparian is a Hall of Famer and will always give you advice on how to shoot & how to run a gun club. Happy Holidays,Vic

14. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Bigdon-I LUV YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STEVE

15. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Sometimes the way people bash the ATA on this web site, why would shooters want to join such a poorly run organization, (in your opinion)? IMHO Omaha

16. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

The only shooting smokeys good at is shooting off his mouth. What a strange duck. BRGII

17. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Go to a club, your club or any club and shoot. This supports all interested.

99% of the people are there for the same reason, the 1% that are not, well, who cares.

Don't sweat the small stuff, just shoot and have a good time.

I spent most of my money on Whiskey and Women, the rest I just wasted.

18. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

likes-to-shoot, Birds of a feather and all that rot. BRGII

BRGII, calling another poster names is forbidden on TS.Com and if you continue, you will be banned!

Moderator.........

What name did I call anyone, get your facts straight before you threaten some one. BRGII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.