1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Some More Vintage Northeast Trapshooting Pictures

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

First picture is of my dad, Ted Philipbar, taken around 1964. Notice the Win. model 21 side X side. Dad shot the mod. 21 for several years. He is very likely the last person to break 200 straight at the Grand, and perhaps in the ATA with a side-by-side shotgun. I know Johnny Sternberger did it a few times, but quite sure before 1964. He shot it good! And he shot it fast!

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Which barrel?

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

This pic is from the 1959 Grand...mostly New England and NY shooters...some pictured are Ralph Beavis, one or more of the Wronski brothers, Ed and Gloria Sirlin...Dave and Mary Stanley...Ted Philipbar...John and Gladys Parks, Robert Potter, Bill Reamie...maybe someone could help me out with some of the others???

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

not sure on the barrel, probably 30"F/F.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

right or left? supposedly the left barrel shot softer on a 21.

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

usually the left barrel is the more open barrel, and the left tighter. Quite sure my dad's gun was full/full...later on, he had a custom 21, quite sure it was 32", but don't think that was the gun he shot real good scores with.

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Thanks, EB,...naw, pops sold that long ago. Along with most of his collection...he had some nice Winchesters, rifles and shotguns. He was actually more of a rifle buff than shotgun. Our entire shooting store/range operation evolved from his handloading business in the early 60's. Are you going to the Westy Hogans? Take care, Jeff

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.