1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Some MIning pics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

These pics of the end of the mining procedure at the Minneapolis Gun Club. Leveling the dirt now. I do not know how much lead was removed but was at least a dozen semi loads. I know it was more, jsut not sure how much more. The pile in front of the trap was one of the reasons so few 25s were shot on Saturday.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JACK

Note the second picture. the repaired sidewalk. Did that all up and down the walkways this early summer. Makes walking around the fields a pleasure.

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

How far in front of the trap house was the dirt taken?

How far away are the trees?

How long has it been since the club was last mined?

Keep us up to date on how much lead was recovered?

How much dirt total?

4. JACK

I'll get the data for you and let you know what the particulars were.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

slowdp, you want to be concerned with the shotfall zone, aproximately 180 to 200 yards out depending on your background. Not all clubs are the same unless you're talking flat farm country or desert. Makes a difference what your facility consists of.

6. jimsw

jimsw Member

I'm in Florida for the winter and the club where I shoot mined lead last year. As part of the mining process they built a berm where most of the lead fell. The berm is 205 yards out and where it isn't grassed over you can see the shot. That's a little closer than I would have guessed if the 205 yard number is correct.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

When we mined the majority of shot was at 200 yds, a lot was 250. We shoot games only with big loads

8. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I dont know where you guys are measuring from but your yardage for the highest volume are a bit far out. Maybe your hill slants down or you are shooting hellasious loads. With flat ground your heaviest area is 165 yards out as measured from the 16 yard line. Give or take a few yards. Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.