1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Funny Things Happen at Trapshoots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I had a friend, I’ll call him Jim, who was a little different than most people. He often rubbed many folks the wrong way, was abrasive and not the easiest person with which to get along. But he was honest and loyal and I liked him.

Anyway, we were at an out of town shoot. He won an event and his trophy was either a watch (or clock) which he said was cheap and didn’t work . . . and he was pissed.

He went looking for the “guy in charge” and he found the club president walking towards the clubhouse. He started raving and ranting about the cheap trophies the club was giving out and insisted on receiving some sort of satisfaction.

The president, who was quite large, glared at my friend for a bit and without changing expression grabbed him, kissed him full on the mouth, released him and slowly walked away.

Jim, after a fit of spitting and gagging looked up and said to nobody in particular, “He kissed me. . .The SOB kissed me!”

BB

2. neofight

neofight TS Member

That is friggin' beautiful. That's the best thing he could have done. I'm still chuckling. Great way to take care of a whiner.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Does Senior Smoke know you're smoking his smokes?

4. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Now thats funny I don't care who you are.....SMOKIT

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

BB, you owe me a keyboard as I just spit coffee all in my old one. LOL Jackie B.

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I wonder if he was a TSA agent. That was a hilarious story!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You left out the part where "Jim" said, "If you're going to screw me, you could at least kiss me first!".

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Now that's funny. Now that I think of it, other club presidents should possibly consider big, wet sloppy kisses to irate members next time there is an argument at their club.
    Ouch!
    Steve Balistreri

9. senior smoke

Years ago, I shot on a 16 yard squad at the old Milwaukee gun club. It was located on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. On a nice sunny Saturday morning our squad was ready to shoot and a nerdy type character decides to fly his kite to the left of trap#1. His kite is now flying directly over the trap house, and is causing problems for us to try and shoot & concentrate. One of the guys on the squad is Hugh Brown. Hugh use to sell Magic Dots at the grand in Ohio years ago, and if you knew Hugh he was a good man, but had a terrible temper. Hugh stops the squad, walks up to the guy and tells him to please fly his kite elsewhere as his kite is interfering with the shoot. The guy could care less, and states how he can fly his kite any where he wants, and we should stop shooting because guns in his opinon should not be fired down by the lake front. This guy was an anti gunner and flying he was flying his kite to protest shooting and the use of guns down at Milwaukee's lake front.

Hugh walks back to the line, tells the trap boy to see a free target as he says he is now having trigger problems. He calls pull and Hugh blows the kite out of the sky, and the Nerd is left holding a string in his hands, looking at us like what the heck happened, yelling my kite, my kite. We finish up shooting and a the guy calls the police and the police officer that comes to the club is also a fellow trap shooter. Long story short, nothing happened. But to see this guy holding just the string in his hands was priceless.

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............I know a Jim who used to shoot a little trap too.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............He was a little different too.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............He used to rub some people the wrong way too.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............He was honest and loyal too.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............I wonder, could this be the same Jim I used to know?

If so, I guess I never heard this story before.....

Hauxfan!

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Where is a camera at the ready when you need it. That shot of the big guy kiss'n him would've been priceless. LOL Best story i've heard in a long time.

Matt

12. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I'll bet the club president is now a TSA agent.GaryL.

13. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Does this silence mean that of all the trapshooters on this site, none of you have ever witnessed one funny thing while attending a shoot? Amazing!

BB

14. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

While shooting at my club, eatin a sammich, I had a guy ask what gun I was shootin.

I pointed towards the rack and mumbled, since i was eatin a sammich, that one there.. the 870 ....

He proceeds to tell me that the guys here do not like to shoot with people that shoot pumps, that the noise they make when they cycle a shell, it affects their ability to shoot. It disrupts the rythym.... or wtf he is yakkin bout.

He tells me me when money is on the line they get funny that way.....
    Then he tells me I need a gun that is capable of shooting 400+ rounds a day, for when you get good enough to shoot tournaments. I told him if it bothers them so much that they prolly should not be shooting for money.

Now tell me this- I have heard about people that worry bout a semi-auto throwin hulls towards a prized gun, but WTF, a pump gun that does not throw hulls and the noise it makes is bothering this idiot?

Yeah, I have seen some stuff.

15. senior smoke

Back in the 70's right after the state shoot a bunch of was were sitting in the shade in front of the Waukesha gun club. Most of us were still tired from shooting the state shoot. The temperature was close to 100 degrees, the humidity was in the 90's,absolutely miserable,like the dog days of summer. A elderly man walks in front of us, says it's his first time shooting and would someone help him out with the basics? Only one guy answered, and said it was way to hot to shoot, come back another day and there will be plenty of people to help him out. He leaves to go back by the parking lot, and then an elderly woman comes up to us who just happens to be his wife. She says anyone willing to help my husband and my granddaughter out as they would like to try to shoot some targets? The same guy says, we just told your husband that it's to hot to shoot, and come back another day, and there will be plenty of people to help them out. Suddenly, the granddaughter walks up to her grandmother directly in front of us. This gal is around 20 years old, around 6 foot tall, long blond hair, wearing short shorts, tan like a model. You would have thought a tornado whipped through the gun club as tables practically got turned over so shooters could go to their cars to gets shooting vests, free shells, guns for her to use, toe pads, shooting glasses, etc. The grandmother looked stunned and confused as they just told her to come back another day. One guy paid for her round, she must have had 6 to 8 guys giving her instruction, as the grandfather was standing on position #2 with nobody helping him. Obviously, my fellow shooters saw some type of potential in this young lady that they all wanted to help her out to become an all American. Trapshooters will bend over backwards to help a new shooter, especially if they meet a certain criteria.
    Steve Balistreri

16. rw993

rw993 Active Member

I guess I don't want to manage a gun club!!!! RW

17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I had the pleasure of attending the Florida State shoot at the Silver Dollar several years ago. My running buddy JC Nunn and I got to the club early and had some of those famous breakfast fixins on the club side.

I noticed that some of the hired help (not the regulars) were getting ready for their day and didn't think much about it.

We got shuffled to the golf side and had shot on the golf side the day before. We had a lady scorer that was nice and friendly and did a great job scoring for our squad.

We got the same gal for the singles event Saturday and we commenced to pounding targets. On my squad was Jackson and Jonathan Eubanks - Jeff Galloway and the tailgunner JC Nunn.

When we finished our five targets she told us to move and commenced to calling out the scores. 10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 9 - whatever she got a hold of overnight must have kicked in that morning.

I turned around and asked, can you call out those scores again please. 10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 9 - that is when we called for somebody to have her checked out. From what I heard she was moved to loading traps and after sticking her head out of a trap while folks were shooting they made her call it a day.

FRedmon

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

One day at a club that won't be named (back before automatic traps) ... the birds were coming out erratically or not at all.

Squad leader asks the score keeper to check and see what is happening.

She walks down to the trap house, looks in, and almost falls down laughing.

As she walks back to her chair, she makes a fist and does a pumping motion.

Needless to say ... scores on that trap were waaaay down to to all the laughing.

That kid did not come out until all the shooters had left for the day.

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Priceless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.