1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Somali Pirates

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Ahab, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

On the News ... the pirates shot all 4 of the people on board the yacht!

Navy is debating what to do with them.

I think that they should be returned back to Somalia!

Hand cuff them, put them in a C130, and take them back ... don't land ... just drop them off ... from about 3000 feet!

That should get the attention of other would be pirates!

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I hope you mean with lead weights on their feet--No use cement and save the lead----SJB---

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

They took prisoners?

The ironic part is they are now being held prisoner in a nice warm (or cool) dry US Navy vessel being fed 3 meals a day and believe me, to them one of our jails looks like heaven compared to the abject poverty in Somalia.

They truly have nothing to loose...even to themselves their lives are relatively meaningless. Tough to protect against an enemy who cares little for human life.

I am sad for the families of the folks who were killed, they spent 6 years distributing Bibles to people around the world.

Bob

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Just what we need another trial that cost tax payers millions.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They killed innocents without compunction. JPut them in a life raft and use them for gunnery practice.

HM

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Should have turned them over to the Russian security forces in the area. The give them just enough time to say a few hail allahs and then blow them up with their vessel.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be critical, but what in the world were those people thinking? Sailing in those waters, unarmed, in a sail boat?

It's comparable to those students that got arrested in the mountain border of Iran. Naive? or out of touch with the real world?

I feel sorry for them and their families too, but you got to wonder.

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

What to do with them? Execute them on the spot. Video the executions and put it on the internet. It is the only thing the pirates will understand.

Jim Skeel

9. capulona

capulona TS Member

It's called natural selection. The ones not smart enough(or unfortunate) does not get to propagate their genes. This is the same in Capitalism, no?

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Capulona---Repeate please---SJB---

11. capulona

capulona TS Member

Sorry SJB, I wasn't commenting on the pirates, sorry to hijack the thread. Pirates we have no control over.

to clarify: if you are unfortunate and get killed sailing in pirate infested waters, (maybe) you do not get to have progenitors, or take care of your existing family. Or continue your work, or contribute to society.

In other words, those who do something stupid sometimes pay the price.

12. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Millions in Cost here in the US. Then years of cost to take care of them, I say just Do It...Give them the Same as they Gave...Save The Money

13. 682LINY

682LINY Member

them and every know pirate vessel with in 100 miles should tunr to vapor,, no questions no warnings and no saying we did it,,, IT WAS AN ACT OF GOD

14. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Let them swim back to the mothership - wherever that is.....

If Obozo and the UN don't want the Navy to kill the pirates, then just sink the boats, and let the sharks kill the pirates.

Seriously, what is the aversion to dealing with this scum? Crap boat with 25 men with guns and RPGs floating around in the middle of nowhere -- what do you think they're doing? Selling Avon? Sink the SOBs. J-H-C - it's not rocket science.

15. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You cannot fix stupid......shoot the pirates.....no sense wasting any more money on someones stupidity.

We need to educate our people that if you go where you don't belong, your on your own.

16. RMR

RMR Member

Shooting the pirates on the spot would be too quick and painless. Assumming they were many miles from land - the navy should have just scuttled the yacht, with all the pirates on board ( after removing the bodies of the Americans) and let them either drown, get eaten by sharks or die a slow miserable death due to dehydration ( read what many sailors on the US Indinalopis went through at the end of WW2).

Personnally I think our navy should do whatever possible to find the "mother Ships" that hold 100's of the pirates and their smaller boates used to case down their targets. Do the same - place several stratigic shots into the Mother ships- below the water line and let them sink. Then the US naval ship should turn 180 degrees and leave without picking up any survivors - let mother nature take care of the rest. After we do this 8-10 times and send video footage all over the internet- would be pirates on land might think twice about it.

The only way to stop this is too make the consequences to the piates so horrific and inhumane - then we may see results. Need to do the same with our war on terrorism. You cant fight people with the type of mindset we are dealing with by trying to reason with them. Need to revert back to the mindset of WW2- do whatever is necessary to kill off your enemy- dont worry about the PC crap. Kill or be killed- its the law of the jungle

RMR

17. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

TAKE NO PRISONERS-TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS,FISH FOOD,CASE CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy Holehouse

18. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I think this would work!

19. dverna

dverna Active Member

Darwin Award front runners.

Take a boat into pirate waters with a load of bibles. What a plan.

You cannot fix stupid.

Don Verna

20. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

Put warships all over the area as well as cutters disguised as civilian boats then destroy all pirate boats with them in it. Any boat that flees is a pirate. Any boat that stays is a well trained pirate.

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.