1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Solutions for cheek slap?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I shoot an 870TC and It shoots good and I like the gun. Recoil on the shoulder is not bad but it kicks me right under the jaw bone and after about 75 rounds it starts to hurt enough to start getting into your mind. I shot 100 rounds yesterday and feel Like I was in a boxing match. Is there anything I can do to help this problem? Thanks

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Get an adjustable comb and have the stock fit to you.

Joe

3. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Change the Pitch, maybe?????? GOOD LUCK

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Simple cure.......only shoot 75 rounds.......

Seriously, the gun isn't fitting you right. Get it properly fitted and a lot of the problem will go away.

It could also be a result of fatigue which is causing you not to use proper form......the reason I say this is that you say it happens towards the end of your 100 targets.

JMHO

Jim C

5. rrose

rrose TS Member

The pitch needs corrected to fit you. All people are not created the same and shotguns need to be made different foe each person.

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I know that this isn't the problem for everyone but I have a 686 and had to have it serviced so I used one of my brothers 686's for a couple of weeks. I thought they were identical guns but was getting beat up badly with my brothers gun. I would end up with a swollen bruised cheek after every weekend. What I finally found was that my brothers gunstock was 2/3 of an inch shorter. Boy was I ever glad to get my gun back. Jackie B.

7. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Proper thing would be to get the stock refit or buynew one. Cheap way is to simply buy a kickeez cheek pad in 1/8 or 1/4 in and you will probably be okay. If not you really need to get stock pitch fixed. Tom R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

correcting cheek slap