1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Solo 1250 question for Shooting Coach

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

> Solo 1250 MAY be the best Caps powder I have used.

Coach - can you direct me to a load recipe?

Just picked up some 1250 for steel loads we're testing and would like to try it for caps with lead as well.

Have found the Solo on line recipes at above address.

Thanks, Joe

2. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

I use 24.0 gr with a fed gm case, fed primer, 12s3 wad, 11/8 71/2 for caps from 27. like it

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Champion

I use 25.5 gr with your components, but with a Windjammer wad. WOW!!! BOILS them from the 27, gets there in a hurry, and kicks like a Three Dram factory load.

Dear Joe

I have not loaded steel, and am not aware of recipes for steel with this powder. I have some older manuals that show more hulls than the online site offers.

Put down what components you have for lead and I will see if my manuals have what you need. I do know that this powder does NOT download. It needs three tablespoons for best performance. LOL

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Coach,

We're developing our own loads for steel by sending samples out for speed and pressure testing. Can't get Universal Clays because of shortages at supplier so we're looking for alternatives. Solo 1250 is right between Universal and Longshot which we do have recipes for.

Speed and pressure of your load is what we're after. We can match with online stats and work back into our components which the online data covers.

Regards, Joe

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.