1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLO 1250 for Caps!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Who else has been shooting Solo 1250 for caps? My Unsingle does terrible things to a target with 24 gr of this powder behind 1 1/8 oz of 7 1/2's.

In spite of the 1250 foot speed, this powder is soft shooting and consistent. Any one else have experiences with it?

How about REX III? REX I is a superb clay target powder, but I have not tried REX's slowest blend for caps.

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I used Solo 1250 for a good while when I got a deal on a quanity of it. It was loaded in the Activ hull and I agree it is a good handicap powder. I had good results with it. I don't recall exact load but it was a published load somewhere around 22 to 24 grains running about 1200 fps.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have noticed that with standard loads, a lot of residue is left behind. However, when 1250 fps loads are shot, very little residue remains. This stuff patterns really well in my guns.

How about anyone shooting REX III?

4. yenko

yenko TS Member

25.5 grains solo 1250 wndjammwer wad 11/8 shot in remington hull,1265 fps xcellent pattern low recoil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.