1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLO 1000 POWDER

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I would like some good soft shooting 16 yard loads for this powder. I only use Remington STS hulls .

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Check your load data on the website... but i like 17 grains with 1 1/8oz shot but 1oz would be better i am sure. Love the powder.. burns clean.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

try above web site, I just got a few pounds gifted to me, did a little search.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

18 gr Solo 1000 with 1 1/8 oz shot and most any wad/primer combo will make you LOVE this powder.

I have used Solo 1000 since it came out. It is my all time favorite for 12 ga clay target loads.

5. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

i load 19 gr in a fed paper with 12s3 wad and 1 ounce 7.5's ink spotter!!!

6. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I too, have loaded with SOLO 1000 since it became available in my area.......MANY years ago. I use it exclusively -- for all three trapshooting disciplines. Over the years, I have even convinced a few of my shooting acquaintances to switch from (whatever) they were using to SOLO.

My favorite 16-yd. load consists of 18.1 grains of powder. That is the "I" bushing on my Ponsness 900. Since SOLO 1000 has a burn rate that is slower than Red Dot, but faster than Green Dot, you will need slightly more powder to achieve the same velocity than you would with Red Dot.

Like you, I also use alot of STS hulls. I prefer the green Remington figure 8 wad (TGT12), and I load either 1 ounce of Magnum 8 shot or 8 & 8 1/2 mixed. For ignition, I have been using Fiocchi primers lately -- although I have had excellent results with this load by using Winchester and Cheddite primers in the past.

Somewhere close to this recipe should net you a shell that is plenty-fast enough for anything from the 16-yard line, but with noticeably softer recoil. Another benefit to using SOLO is that it is very clean-burning.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Solo is good whatever way you load it it is a soft shooteer Ok I couldn't afford it I used Royal Scott instead.

Sort of reminds me like the same powder as 7625 Dupoint.

so what do yall think.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is solo 1000 available

is solo 1000 ever available

royal scott 1000 12 ga data