1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Solo 1000 powder?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TrapCrazy, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Anyone shoot solo 1000 powder. It says it is fast clean burning. Is it similar to clays? I was looking at there loading data and it looks pretty similar.

2. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I've been using solo 1000 since it first came out.I load everything in Fed. paper or Fed. gold metal.

3. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

How is it? Is it clean burning like Clays?

4. Two Dogs

I have never used clays, but solo 1000 is the cleanest powder I've ever used....It is relatively cheap to buy compared to most other powders and especially if you can get it in #25 pounders....

5. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Alright, I was just curious because I got 4 pounds of it from a friend. If I bought 25 pounds I'd probably have the ATF at my door!

6. Txdirtbroker

Txdirtbroker TS Member

I use solo 1000

7/8 oz shot, cheddite primers , claybuster grey wad, 16.7 gr solo
    Light recoil. Clean burning. Works well

Gary

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Solo 1000 is not at all like Clays. Clays, contrary to common opinion, is not all that clean. The residue is gray and hard to see, but it is there. Solo 1000 is much, much cleaner than Clays, or almost anything else for that matter. It is also considerably slower than Clays. It is about the same burn rate as American Select, another clean, excellent powder.

Solo 1000 is one of two powders that come to mind (the other is PB) that permit you to load down to under 7000psi without generating soot. For some reason, it just stays clean.

BTW, I do not believe it is available in 25 lb containers any longer. Something to do with shipping regulations.

8. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Solo 1000 is great powder. Super clean burning and can produce some very quick loads. I shoot from the 27 yard line and it performs great from there. This powder also performs great in long distance shoot-offs with larger shot. Best of luck with it. BYG

9. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Ihave used Solo 1000 for about 16 years. Never had a problem with it. I buy it by the 25# Just bought my last one in November so I guess they are still selling it. One of my favorite loads is 1-1/16 0z withd 17.5 Gr solo Works great.

10. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Solo 1000 & Nitro 100 are both good powders. Clean, light charge weights/pressures, and well priced.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I have also used Solo 1000 since it came out. Better and more flexible than Clays, and cleaner.

It does compare to American Select, but MUCH cleaner, and as mentioned, will download very well.

I load everything in 12 but Caps loads with Solo 1000, load the big fast shell with Solo 1250. Best two powders on the market, in my never to be humble opinion.

12. FLIP

FLIP Member

has it changed manufactures like nitro 100? now you have to use more for the same speeds with the new powder> last time i tried solo it was very inconsistent threw chrono

13. eyegoods

eyegoods TS Member

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

It has been pretty consistent for the last several years. Places where it was made in Europe years ago went through revolutions, and gummed up the works.

The last three 25 lb kegs have thrown about the same weight.

15. shrek

shrek Active Member

looks like I need to get some Solo 1000 to try,

sounds like it does a lot of things that I appreciate from a powder.

16. Two Dogs

Hey Shrek...don't you be a blowin up the swamp....

17. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I have also been using Solo 1000 since it came out. No complaints and I just bought another 25# container this past summer.

18. shrek

shrek Active Member

I don't intend to blow up the swamp :), just hope to "blow up" some clay targets

19. Polecatrichard

Polecatrichard Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY THE 25 POUNDERS IN THE PITTSBURGH PA AREA

20. eyegoods

eyegoods TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.