1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

soldier in Iraq shows HP how to fix printer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdtracker, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

after repeated attempts for assistance from HP and declining to pay them for advice he figures it out. Birdtracker

2. twopipe

twopipe Member

mine prints an alignment page every time I turn it on, wasting mucho ink, and I can't fix it ! anyone ?

3. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

Twopipe, Uninstall all of you printer drivers and programs. Then reinstall them again. Remember to uninstall from Control Panel.

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

YEAH!!!!

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Whe mine goes out,(I'm on my third one), I'll send it to that soldier in Iraq.

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Loved it !!!!!!!!!

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I hope the HP Pre's see's that. They need to see that. All co need to see that for that matter. GOOD FOR HIM.

8. kenf

kenf Active Member

Epson isn't much better. After you use the second set of ink- buy a new machine because they must have a code written in the software to quit printing after the second set. After my second machine, I started buying HP. I guess I'll have to look for another mfg. then.

9. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I had an HP, an Epson, and two others I can't remember the makes of, and I can say that positively the BEST printer for home use is a Canon. After going through printers at a fantastic rate, I went to a local computer shop which has been rated as best service in town for several years now, and they recommended the Canon. Other than replacing the ink cartridges when they run dry, absolutely zero problems. I had to replace the computer, but the printer is still running just fine after about 4 or 5 years.

10. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I use and recommend HP products for my consulting clients, but did you ever try HP's Chat Support?

A complete waste of oxygen.

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I have been that frustrated, which is why there is a windows vista laptop in the lake behind my house. I have an old Black and White HP Laserjet 1020 that got me through my AS, my BA and my MA degrees and is still dependable. I cannot comment on the service department because I never needed any. It does seem that all my friends with the all in one or three in one products had lots of problems, no matter what brand they are.

12. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

HP used to have a free tech support line. In 1999 or 2000, when they split the company and the test equipment became Agilent and HP kept the computer stuff, they started charging for tech support. This is not new. Many companies charge for tech support.

In general companies have dropped customer support altogether. This is a sad truth of our economy.

Printers in general are an enigma. I haven't bought ink for a printer in years. When I run out of ink, I just buy a new printer. In fact my current printer was less expensive than just the ink for this same printer. For civilians it's much easier to just buy a new printer than it is to replace the ink or repair the printer.

In the government though, it can take months to replace a printer. We have a whole division of people who's job it is to do nothing but take care of our printers. What a waste.

I completely understand this guys frustration. He can't get support from the company nor can he get a replacement from the govt. He's really stuck.

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I've wanted to do that to a few things I have owned over the years. A couple of Moultrie products come to mind right now.

Rich in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.