1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD:Winchester Model 12 Pigeon TRAP

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by twoatlow8, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

SOLD Winchester Model 12 Pigeon Grade Trap 12 Gauge two barrel set.
    Both barrels have the two pin milled Winchester vent rib.

Both barrels measure 29 3/4" one is FULL and the other is IMP MOD. I measured it with my old mittermyer gauge and they come up Full and just over MOD. I will get this to a shop and get them measured this weekend but I think they are as marked. Both barrels have the engraved pigeon on the reciever ext. The forends are Pigeon Grade checkered. All the serial numbers match. The serial number is 11485XX this dates the gun to 1948 the receiver is marked TRAP.

It is my opinion this gun was reblued and the wood was refinished some time ago, but it was not over polished I would rate it now at 90% blue.
    The stock has had a 1 1/2 inch Kick Ease pad added that is not fit at all and the stock measures 15"
    It is 13 5/8" from the trigger to the wood.
    There is an adjustable comb added to the stock.

The problems I found with the gun are; The Duckbill rib extension on the receiver is loose and the left side of the receiver is marred from the action bar catching it during assembly. It is missing one small screw on the magazine cap on one barrel
    PRICE $2450.00 Plus shipping in the US. Must ship to an FFL. Three day inspection BUYER pays all shipping!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I thought the gun if a pigoen grade had a pigeon engraved in the bottom of the receiver?

3. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

No the Pigeon is engraved on the Mag Tube NOT the Receiver.

The difference between a Pigeon and standard grade are as follows.

The action on the Pigeon grade is hand honed and jeweled,and a pigeon is engraved on the bottom of the receiver extension.
    The wood is a higher grade, the checkering patteren on the bottom of the forearms is the double diamond pattern, The checkering on the back of the pistol grip has a little extra wing on it as pictured. You could order any choke with any barrel lenght.
    Thanks, Scott

4. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

Bruce, the pigeon is on the receiver extension with the barrel. Here's what I don't understand......I have several of these and the trap stamping chronology (as I understand it) goes something like this TRAP, on the receiver ended some time in the 1930's(maybe 1929), then it went to STANDARD TRAP on the receiver extension until 1939, then MODEL 12 TRAP until 1949. But nothing is certain with M-12's. Old receivers were sometimes used on newer guns, and almost always older barrels were used on newer receivers.....So go figure!

Tom

5. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

Scott,
    The Pigeon is on the receiver extension, NOT on the mag tube. If it's on the tube, it's fake.
    Tom

6. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

Tom,
    You are right the Pigeons are on both reciever extensions not the mag tubes. My mistake. I will add some pictures tonight.
    Scott

7. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

0   0   0

Scott,
    Could you provide better, in-focus pics of the bird? This is important.
    Tom

8. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

0   0   0

Is there a factory letter? There was a fire in the records area of Winchester in the late 50's which destroyed a lot of records. Some serial numbers can be verified at the Cody Museum.

9. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

I will try to take pictures of the birds outside tommrow. I can not get good pictures of the birds inside.

I do not have a factory letter for the gun. It belongs to a gentlmen from our club and I am listing it for him. He has owned it since the 70's.
    If you don't like the price don't be afraid to make me an offer!
    Thanks, Scott

10. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

Here is the best pic of the bird I could get inside. Will try outside tommrow.
    [​IMG]

11. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hi,
    Sent you an offer.
    Fred-napawino

12. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

13. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

Buyer backed out. Make an offer if you are interested.
    Scott

14. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

Here are some better pictures of the pigeons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
model 12 winchester for sale
verify winchester pigeon grade model 12
winchester 1897 trap pigeon grade fine guns for sale
winchester model 12 pigeon grade trap

winchester model 12 pigeon trap

winchester model 12 pigeon trap for sale