1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD: Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AveragEd, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've been buying S&W revolvers without the current internal lock and its ugly "Hillary Hole" in the side of the frame. Today, I had to buy a gun that is a twin to one I already have in order to get one that I wanted. I really don't need two of the same thing and my other one is unfired, so I'm selling this one.

It is a stainless steel Model 686 PowerPort, which means it has a rectangular port cut into the top of the 6" barrel's muzzle. The port is very effective in reducing muzzle jump. The gun is in very good condition - "like new" is not an exaggeration - and its rubber S&W combat grips look and feel unused. It comes with its S&W hard case, owner's manual, lifetime warranty information and a fired case still in its sealed factory envelope for $525 plus $25 shipping FFL-to-FFL in the "lower 48."

If you want more info, please ask.

Ed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Pretty nice revolver. Could do a lot worse on the deal too.

-Gary

3. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I forgot to mention that the receiver's topstrap is drilled and tapped from the factory for scope mounts. Removing the rear sight assembly exposes the scope base holes that can be seen in the second, third and fourth photos.

Ed

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Ed,

You have email.

If still available, I'll take it at your asking price.

Doug Whiton

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Please put me down as backup if Doug does not take it.

Thanks

6. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Doug is actually second in line behind a local buyer who called me last evening after he heard about it from my son, but I'll contact you if both of them change their minds. My son's buddy is not the most reliable type, so there's hope. His eyes are often larger than his wallet...

I also posted it on the S&W Forum and received two overnight emails from buyers who saw it there, but I always will give priority to my trapshooters.com friends. All those offers tell me that it's a good buy and I have paid $600 and a little more than that for nice no-lock 686s recently, but I just wanted to recoup what I paid for it (so I can spend it on another gun).

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.