1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD: S&W Model 12-2

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AveragEd, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a .38 Special that I haven't handled, much less shot, in years. It is a Model 12-2 Airweight with a 2" pinned barrel that I bought new in 1973, I believe. At most, it had a box of wadcutters through it. The gun is just about flawless with the exception of a spot on the frame to the left of the hammer. The last photo of the gun shows this clearly. This one is $450 shipped to the "lower 48" with a three-day non-firing inspection period.

Thanks for looking.

Ed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nice.

The Model 12 is the sleeper of S&W revolvers. It's a bit larger than the 5-shot J-Frame, and is a 6-shot. Fits larger hands much better.

I still have my old 12-2 with round but. Many years of use and carry wear on it. Used to have a later Model 12 with a square butt. Don't remember if it was a 12-3 or 12-4 (it was when the frame width was increased). I figured the fastest reload for a revolver was a second revolver. Any, still use my 12-2 for CCW quite often.

3. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

Yep, that's a beaut. Should sell fast. Jim

4. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm open to offers, so don't be bashful!

Ed

5. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

SOLD!

Ed

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Figured that wouldn't last long. Was sorely tempted myself, but money doesn't grow on trees. The new owner is really going to enjoy this gun. It's a classic, and it's one of the best CCW .38 revolvers S&W ever made.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

...and suggested retail when discontinued in 1981 was $320.

Good Job Ed!

8. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I also had the gun listed on the S&W Forum and received offers from posters from both sites at almost the same time (the S&W guy's hit a few minutes earlier). The offer from the S&W poster was $20 higher but it came with a lot of stuck-up, holier-than-thou S&W B.S. It turned me off enough that I elected to take the offer from one of "our guys."

I still have the 629 Classic PP available and will list a 64-5 later this morning.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.