1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD: Remington UMC .223 Rem 55gr MC 20/box

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeet_man, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Remington UMC .223 Rem 55gr MC 20/box. FMJ style bullet (Remington calls it "metal case"). The bullets are LEAD CORE, not steel core (a lot of rifle ranges will not allow you to use steel core ammunition). Fully reloadable brass cases, not the unreloadable steel junk (save and sell the brass if you don't want to reload them and recoup $2-$4 per box).

These will work in any .223 Remington or 5.56 firearm.

I currently have 27 boxes available. Price is $20/box FIRM, 5 box minimum (unless you're local to Rochester NY and can pick up, not worth the hassle to ship less than 5 boxes at a time). Plus actual Fedex Ground shipping. Buy all 27 boxes and I'll split shipping with you.

Yeah, its not cheap, but I actually have it in hand and ready to ship right to your door (or you can spend half a day driving around to the shops in your area trying to find some only to end the day disappointed and having burned a bunch of gas). I only bought it to hedge by bets, but I've accumulated enough components in the past week to handload 2500 rounds at this point (Fedex guy just dropped off my 8lb'er of Win 748), so if I can sell it, fine, if not, I'll just sit on it. I just figured someone on here might have been having trouble finding some decent quality ammo. Other than a handful of boxes of steel case stuff, I've seen no 223 in any local retail stores for the last month or so.

If you can find someone who actually has 223 ammo IN STOCK at a lower price, I suggest you buy it. When online retailers are getting inventory, it usually lasts about 15 minutes before it sells out again (one retailer sold 150 CASES of .22LR (3/4 of a million rounds) in 15 minutes today or yesterday). Or you can place a backorder and take your chances, but I'm reading ETAs of November on some types of 223 ammo.

SOLD

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

0   0   0

I will take all 27 boxes if you will ship them to me for $500
    Rooferbob

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I am contiunally amazed at the guys that shoot these guns and do not reload!! I can easily load these for under $4.00 per box! Just wondering?! Tom Rhoads p.s. Obviously now is not the time to try and stock up on reloading components!

4. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Bob- PM sent with counter-proposal.

Tom- While reloading is considerably cheaper, there is a pretty substantial up-front investment that is necessary as far as equipment goes. If you were to start from scratch, it would cost you easily $400 to $500 for a single stage press, dies, scale, manuals, various accessories, ect. and that's before you invested in any components (which are even harder to find than loaded ammo right now). I spent the better part of a few days scouring various websites for bullets (I was able to get most of my bullets at or near normal retail prices) and powder (which I had to go with my 3rd or 4th choice, and ended up spending 20 or 30 bucks on an 8lb'er than I normally could have gotten it locally for), and that was all last week, every source I bought from that had stuff in stock is long sold out now. Bullets, primers, and powder are going for double to triple retail in gunbroker right now (I saw a few boxes of 500 .224 Hornady Z-Max bullets go for $170-$180 plus shipping, when they retail for around $60 normally), and brass sources are drying up fast as well. A LOT of stuff is backordered for months to almost a year at this point.

5. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

10 boxes GONE, 17 boxes remain.

6. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

All are SOLD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.